Hi, My LED light on a 8700 while in case flashes red when the e-mails ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

d9
    d9 no está en línea Stack level 1

red LED light incoherent

Advertisement

Hi,

My LED light on a 8700 while in case flashes red when the e-mails come in, but only _sometimes_. The setting is for the light to flash red when in case and e-mail comes. When an e-mail comes, the bb always vibrates, but then the light doesn't always turn red from green. Please help.

Thank you!

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: red LED light incoherent

What are your setting for a phone call missed??? it will flash red when you miss a call too perhaps??? in addition to the emails you get...
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

I turned my LED Coverage Indicator off - the flashing green light. The only time the light flashes is when I have messages waiting. This made it easier for me.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

d9

Thank you for your responses. My problem isn't that it's flashing too much but that it's not flashing every time I get an e-mail. I'll get one e-mail and it flashes red as I want it to, and then for the next 2 it won't (i.e. it still flashes green as if nothing new is in the inbox). I can never tell by just looking at the light whether I have e-mail or not and I want to be able to... :cry:

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i was having the same problem that's why I disabled the LED coverage indicator.

Shadow Shots no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23CFAF4F

Great idea on turning the coverage indicator light off. The flashing light was disturbing at night. (i've been here 20 min and am already getting great tips!!!!! COOL)

d9

OK, now I got it; thank you. What bugs me though is that it's supposed to work, and it's a brand new device, too!!

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

Quote Originally Posted by d9
    Thank you for your responses. My problem isn't that it's flashing too much but that it's not flashing every time I get an e-mail. I'll get one e-mail and it flashes red as I want it to, and then for the next 2 it won't (i.e. it still flashes green as if nothing new is in the inbox). I can never tell by just looking at the light whether I have e-mail or not and I want to be able to... :cry:
    just to clarify: when you have the coverage indicator off, it will flash red when you get a new message, or missed a call, or a pin or bb message.

It will flash until you do something, such as read a message, at which point it will stop flashing... until you receive more messages...

What I am trying to say is that it doesnt flash for every mail, it indicates that something has happened since you last did something

d9

I turned off the network light, as you suggested, but I guess even that will only go so far... Thanks for everybody's help!! I found the following link, which answers it.

Go to Google, type in "blackberry 8700 red light"; 5th link down leads you to Cingular forums. (I can't paste a URL here) The following quotes are from there:

"after 15 minutes the red LED changes back to green. I would like to have the red LED flash until the item is dismissed."

"As would a lot of others! But at the current time, this is not an available option."

I think this may be what happens to me...

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think I don't agree... I have my green light (coverage indicator) off, any I am pretty sure that it hen blinks red until I read a mail (or mark one as read)

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mines the same as oxide. Red led blinks until I either read the email or reply to a message in any messenger prog.