Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was assuming, when i switched from the Q to the BB, than when I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tfc25 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Reconciling email?

Advertisement

I was assuming, when i switched from the Q to the BB, than when I hit "reconcile now" on the BB for an email account - my IMAP account, that it would pull the emails that it had not pulled yet. Unfortunately it seems to do nothing. I just get a huge delay in when i receive the emails. I do receive them.... eventually . Just some times it seems to take up to 15 mins. HELP???

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Reconciling email?

When Blackberry web client (BIS) pulls emails from your accounts, it could take a little as seconds or as long as 15 minutes. If you want to receive email within seconds, I suggest you forard your email to your blackberry.net address and change your reply to address to your desired one. This way, you will get your emails within seconds..

my only problem with this is that i dont want all my BB email having the school reply email. is there anyway to store 2 reply to emails and have the option to choose one?

OK, what you can do is set all your email accounts to forward to your blackberry address (like I said, then you will receive your emails within seconds). Then go to your blackberry web client (BIS) and setup all your email accounts the normal way.
    At this point, if succesfull setting up your email accounts, you should receive a service book for each email account on your blackberry.
    Then, for each account, select the "filters" field and select "do not forward messages to handheld"
    **The logic behind this is that you will receive msgs almost instantly since they are being forwarded to your blackberry address but you won't receive a duplicate of the email after the blackberry web client "pulls" emails from your account.
    Now, when you want to send or forward an email from your blackberry, since you have a "service book" for each email account, you will be able to select on your blackberry which address to use when composing or forwarding emails. The option to change the address used to send an email from your bb will be at the top of the new or compose screen.
    Does this make sense?

OMG this is fantastic! thanks so much for your help. last question.. how do I hide the icon now for that particular email that is being forwarded to my bb email? its not giving me the option to hide the icon, only to move it.

Hold your "alt" key while highlighting the icon you wish to hide, cick the trackweel and select hide..
    let me know if this works for you

Likefre, I tried that but the only options gives me is to move the application or call voicemail.... the "hide" option doesnt come up.

what theme are you using?
    Try it with a different theme just to see if its theme related

Ok. I will try that. I cant try it now cause i am in class but I will in about an hour. are there themes that you can link me too in which i can use a wallpaper and it will take up the entire screen? the verizon one is annoying and id rather the list than the icons.

thanks for all of your help, you have been wonderful

You are very welcome...browse the forums for ways to unlock "hidden" themes and for new ones posted by other members...there are some really nice ones available..

thanks, I am going to check that out. I did everything you said, the only problem that I am having is the "from" level if I am replying to an email that I received from my IMAP that was forwarded to the BB email. It says the BB email address, and doesnt give the option to change it. Now when I send an email, like a new one, I have the option to choose any account, but not when I am replying to one thats been forwarded to the bb email address, though its for the other account. is this the downside to using it this way? I hesitate to change my reply to email on the bb email to the IMAP email account because there are some personal emails on my bb that i want ppl to reply to the blackberry. sorry to be so confusing.

Yes, that's the downside.....you could always instead of replying choose forward and edit to seem as a reply..
    I understand completely the situation...
    There's a free program around..(google it), some people have reported it works fine for them but in my case, it did not work well.
    What this program is supposed to do is preety much the forward option I told you about but more "automatic"..Although like I said, it did not work well for me, everytime I used it it would default to sms instead of email making the process longer.

yeah. total downside. apparently, after doing many test messages, it seems that when I changed the "reply to" in BIS for the blackberry email, everything says its from that IMAP email address (which means it totally eliminates my blackberry.net email basically, lol). what do you think is the best option? arrghh so frustrating. sacrifice time or ppl really emailing me on the BB email addy. I guess ppl dont really know it so it doesnt matter right now anyway

If email time delay is a concern, Remove the reply to email address from the web client, and instead of replying to emails, choose forward and edit the email to seem as a reply, the you would be able to choose which email account you want to send it from.makes sense?

yeah makes sense. i think that i am just going to leave it though.. i like getting the email in real time, and honestly i didnt have an extra email address (i.e. the blackerry one) with the Q, so I'm not sure why im being difficult. thank you so much for all of your help! total life saver!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast