I can receive any sms message but for some reason I cannot send sms messages ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

gman6009 no está en línea Stack level 1

Receive but cannot send SMS messages

Advertisement

I can receive any sms message but for some reason I cannot send sms messages to anyone outside of the ATT network. So my friends who have Verizon, I can't text message. I called customer service and they were useless, anyone have any ideas??

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: Receive but cannot send SMS messages

Do you have a data plan? Not having a data plan would mean you would not be able to send sms messages.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Nope, i have the 29.99 data plan and the 9.99 1500 message plan

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl
    Do you have a data plan? Not having a data plan would mean you would not be able to send sms messages.
    Incorrect, Woman of Lava! I'm Phone Only and SMS works freely and wonderfully both directions. Maybe it's something having to do with the service provider AT&T or Gman's plan -- I am a TMO user.

Anyway, Gman, go to your Options menu, click "SMS", and tell us what the settings are. Is there a phone number listed under "Service Center?

BTW, are you the same Gman that we know from the Aquaria forums? If so (and even if not --) Welcome to Pinstack!

My service center number is +13123149810. Data Coding is 7 bit. Network to send over is GSM. Thanks for the help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by gman6009
    My service center number is +13123149810. Data Coding is 7 bit. Network to send over is GSM. Thanks for the help in advance.
    Then I would think that your 8700 is set up correctly. Here's three things to try: 1.) Take out your SIM, put it in a friend's or family member's AT&T phone and attempt to send an SMS. This will confirm that it's not the 8700. SMS is not dependent on a data plan, so any AT&T GSM phone will work for this purpose. 2.) Have your local AT&T store make you a new SIM card. It should be a free service. Try sending with the new card. 3.) Contact AT&T and see if it's an account/network problem. Although you said you already tried that, you may find a different person that is more knowledgeable.

There's also the slight possibility that there is an IT policy installed on your device preventing SMS messages from being sent to anybody other than AT&T customers. Go to Options>Security Settings>General Settings. If there is any mention of an IT policy at the bottom of that screen, then you'll need to remove it (unless, of course, you are using a company handheld and it they want you to have the IT policy --)
    Last edited by Mark Stone; 10-03-2007 at 02:13 PM.

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3

make sure all your numbers that your trying to send sms messages to are saved in your sim card and not the BB, i encountered a similar problem and that was the fix

Quote Originally Posted by rjs87
    make sure all your numbers that your trying to send sms messages to are saved in your sim card and not the BB, i encountered a similar problem and that was the fix
    That's not my experience, but it may be an AT&T thing (?) On my BB I can SMS anyone whether on SIM, Phone Memory or a One-Time-Only manually entered number. Unless it's an AT&T issue I'm not aware of (I'm on Tmobile) --

Hey everyone, I fixed it. I did a hard reset on my bb and backed up every thing i needed before hand and the text messages now work. Thanks for all the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by gman6009
    Hey everyone, I fixed it. I did a hard reset on my bb and backed up every thing i needed before hand and the text messages now work. Thanks for all the responses.
    Glad to hear it!