Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am new to Pinstack. Any help is very much appreciated! ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jbelinf no está en línea Stack level 1

Question really messed up

Advertisement

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am new to Pinstack. Any help is very much appreciated!

I am changing from a Curve (broken) to the 8820 and have a 8700r loaner until the new blackberry arrives. I tried to use the Switch Device Wizard to install some 3rd party data on the loaner. I have no idea what happened, but now the 8700r has a perpetual hourglass and it appears the device is turning on and off on its own. Also, my laptop does not recognize the USB connection to the 8700r. I dont have a CD (its a corporate phone) to reload a driver, and cant find one on the internet to download.

As you can probably tell, I have no idea what I am doing, and could use any advice offered.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: really messed up

Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB. But first, Check out the revelavant links on the BB FAQ & Guides page for where to get the latest OS for your carrier/device and how to update it. The specific ones you will want are BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites and How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry. And if this doesn't work, try the process listed in this thread, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected

On the second link you will be able to find the Desktop manager you will need.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jbelinf no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: really messed up

thanks! I didnt expect such a quick response! Will let you know how it turns out!