A few questions for the 8700 know-it-alls: 1) How do you use Yahoo, AIM, MSN, ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

donmitchell no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31892F51

Questions: Themes, IM and Shortcuts

Advertisement

A few questions for the 8700 know-it-alls:

1) How do you use Yahoo, AIM, MSN, and ICQ at the same time? It seems when I sign on to AIM I have no way of getting onto Yahoo Messenger too... I don't use MSN or ICQ too much, but I do use Yahoo and AIM a lot. Right now I'm just using the TMO IM client for AIM and the Yahoo app for Yahoo.

2) Are there shortcuts on this thing that aren't mentioned with the materials that came with the phone? For example on the 7100 there were keys to hold down that would lock the phone, a key to switch between vibrate and normal profiles, ...stuff like that

3) The 7100 had an icon theme with a folder for applications and I'm looking for the same on the 8700. Right now only the list themes seem to have that applications folder. I hate scrolling through a million icons so I like having one icon as a folder with all my apps in there.
    -Don

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Questions: Themes, IM and Shortcuts

2) Are there shortcuts on this thing that aren't mentioned with the materials that came with the phone? For example on the 7100 there were keys to hold down that would lock the phone, a key to switch between vibrate and normal profiles, ...

See this thread

PIN/ID
    31892F51

Thanks hydn...still can't figure out the thing about the profiles...maybe I ought to search some more.
    -Don

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

1) That's the easiest way to do that.
    2) See below.
    3) Activate the Zen theme, and at the bottom of the home screen is an icon that looks identical to the new BlackBerry Messenger icon (blue cartoon bubble). This takes you to a separate list of icons representing all pre-loaded apps, profiles (which are listed separately; each profile has its own icon) and third party apps you download and install yourself. Its a combination icon/list theme.

Hope this helps.

PIN/ID
    31892F51

Thanks Erica, now I just have to find the Zen theme. There was only 4 themes on the 8700 when I got it, so I assume I have to download Zen...
    -Don