I will be going on an international trip next week and I am wondering if ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

agemforyou no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D639C3

Question question about email

Advertisement

I will be going on an international trip next week and I am wondering if there is a way (or setting) that I can only use my 8700g as a cell phone - and NOT recieve emails. I don't want to get hit with the message charges.

Also, is there a way to do this - or shut off the email feature - without having to delete all of the email accounts that I already have set up? Does it have a "phone only" feature?

Thanks!

Christine

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: question about email

Are you using BIS or BES?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Wouldn't putting the unti into "Phone Only" mode solve this problem without having to change anything on the back end?

Zo.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If you have up headed the OS on your 8700 to 4.2.x.xxx, you may have the option under Options/network to turn off data service.

As to the Phone Only Profile suggested by Zo, that only controls the notification alerts.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

If you don't have the option to turn data off you can set your filters to not forward or use the firewall to block mail. I'm not sure if your BB will try to connect for other data purposes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    Wouldn't putting the unti into "Phone Only" mode solve this problem without having to change anything on the back end?
    Nope. That's not a mode -- it's an alert profile. It's more like changing the Sounds Theme on your PC. If you look at the details of the profiles you'll see that there are nothing but alert settings in them. Phone Only just means that only the phone will alert you when you receive calls and not anything else.
    Last edited by takeshi; 05-15-2007 at 04:26 PM.