I currently have "wireless message reconcilation" enabled - however, when I delete emails on my ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

buddyberry no está en línea Stack level 1

question about bb/desktop email reconciliation

Advertisement

I currently have "wireless message reconcilation" enabled - however, when I delete emails on my blackberry, they are not automatically deleted on my destop and visa-versa - however, when I sychronize with the Desktop manager, the email I deleted on my desktop is removed from my blackberry, but the emailed I removed from my blackberry remains on my desktop.

I want to be able to remove emails from either the desktop or the blackberry and have them deleted on the other device...can someone suggest what settings I might try.

I'd prefer to do this wirelessly (automatically) without having to use the desktop manager. BTW, currently when I change contacts task or notes on one system they automatically update on the other...

thx!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: question about bb/desktop email reconciliation

Buddyberry, how long do you typically wait for the messages to synchronize? It can sometimes take anywhere from 2-10 minutes for the Desktop and the BB to synchronize actions taken on either the desktop of the Blackberry. Although they may both receive emails at the same time, synching can take some time.

That being said, if you delete a message from your desktop and then empty your deleted messages folder before it synchs, it never will.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

I assume you are on BES? If not, you cannot synch wirelessly.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Also check your delete on handheld/desktop setting in the reconciliation settings.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ednap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

I have found I must use the delete software button in MS Outlook to delete emails from my PC if I want them to also be deleted on my BB. If I use the laptops hardware delete keyboard key to delete emails they are not deleted from my BB.

I have also found that no matter what, if I move emails from my PC inbox to sub folders in my PST file on my PC they are never deleted from my BB and require a manual BB delete.

I also note that when I delete emails on my BB i have to wait a while (time varies) for them to be deleted from my PC but they are dleted.

thanks !

thanks!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Reconciliation won't work properly if you move email into a PST or permanently delete email before reconcilation takes place.

estebin no está en línea Stack level 1

I used to be able to delete my email messages on both the handheld and server. I can't do that anymore. Do you know, how I can reconfigure that option.

thanks!!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Messages->Options. You'll have to go in a bit further than that but there's an option that clearly allows you to set where messages are deleted.