Hello, I have done an extensive search so far on Pinstock.com to understand and try ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

boisvert00 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Question about 8700C - Installing ringtones without data plan

Advertisement

Hello, I have done an extensive search so far on Pinstock.com to understand and try to install ringtones on my 8700C. I understand that this phone only has O.S. 4.1 and there has not been a release of 4.2 and who knows if it will ever come out.

I read into the forum thread http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...data_plan.html

and I have taken the steps so far to try to do this. Although I have had trouble with the C version and most people that have posted have not been using a 8700c.

Can anyone let me know if they have tried this and it has worked? I have the desktop manager 4.2 and I know it has media manager but it only works for 4.2, but is that what you need to make this process work?

If anyone has any information on this problem let me know. I know this subject has been talked to death but Im a bit lost here, any help would be appreciated, otherwise I guess I will have to bite the bullet and pay 30 for the plan. Thanks

Also, when I went to the cingular store to ask about this the girl at the store told me that the 8700 came with software that allowed me to save mp3's on my computer and that it was easy to take care of. I think she was talking out of the a@@ and that she knew nothing about this issue, as I have not found one thread to ever go over this issue. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    boisvert00, Welcome to PinStack.

The procedure listed does not need media manager, but you do need to download the Blackberry MDS and the 8700 handheld Simulators to use that procedure. You can find these both from the Blackberry Developers Simulators Site.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    She had probably been provided the 8100 information in preparation for the upcoming roll out and confused it with the 8700.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

I have the blackberry JDE component package 4.20 and I downloaded the blackberry email and mds services simulator 4.1.2 Are these the programs I need to make this happen, I also downloaded the extra Java programs I needed. Im not sure about the email one simulator because I was unsure when I went to the simulator site, because it said it was for the 8100. If it's not a pain in the *** can you tell me which simulator to download. Also when it comes to downloading the ringtones, on that first thread I talked about Huwsy put out there that he had all those ringtones on his site. Can these only be downloaded through a download plan, because I had no luck with those.

ok I figured out the MDS simulator, I was clicking on 4.2 when I was supposed to use the 4.1 and found the 8700. Thanks

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You're Welcome

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Ok I have another problem (of course). When I installed all the JDE stuff and the simulator (4.1.0) both the normal package and the component package. But whenever I go to start the MDS simulator it always says cmd.com is not a valid win32 application. I have uninstalled and installed this now countless times, and I can't figure it out. Any ideas.

ssy
    ssy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DA73CD

Re: Question about 8700C - Installing ringtones without data plan

It is possible to work
    But easier with the data plan
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~