Hi! I'm a Cingular California user currently based in Copenhagen, Denmark for two years. After ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

philosophia no está en línea Stack level 1

Puzzling "data connection refused" message! 8700C - Cingular user in Denmark

Advertisement

Hi!
    I'm a Cingular California user currently based in Copenhagen, Denmark for two years. After "troubleshooting" w/Cingular for nearly 2 hrs & coming up w/zero solutions for my problem, I'm seeking help from people who actually know something about blackberrys.

For two weeks, I haven't had no problems getting connected to the Telia DK network (Denmark's largest network). Then, 2 days ago, connection was lost, and I now have a permanent "Data connection refused" message. Cingular thinks there could be a problem with my SIM card.

Is there anything I can do to my SIM card settings to look into this? Right now my SIM Card Security is disabled. My APN is set to blackberry.net...
    and for a brief time 24 hrs ago-- in a different location-- my blackberry attached to a network where I rec'd a flurry of emails. Then, it went out again.

Obviously, SMS & phone work fine.

I've tried re-registered with the HRT Editor, didn't work. In the Network section, I have NO option to manually vs. automatically choose a network. There is only one network name listed, and my blackberry model doesn't allow for any further controls in that area.

ANY SUGGESTIONS!?!? Many thanks. Tusind tak.

--Philosophia

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Puzzling "data connection refused" message! 8700C - Cingular user in Denmark

Philosophia

Welcome to PinStack. If it works in a different location, it sounds like it may be a tower issue. If you have time you might try driving around to see if it's a different network when it connects.

And don't forget the Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec. Battery in) solution to glitches.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: Puzzling "data connection refused" message! 8700C - Cingular user in Denmark

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

And when you're getting the 'data connection refused' message, it could be the Danish network refusing your connection.

Perhaps a problem with the system which deals with roaming.

It may be a long shot, but if you've got GSM service, try calling the local provider and asking for assistance.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it might be that you might be out of service in ur area maybe only sertain sections in ur town support gprs

philosophia no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you for the friendly suggestions! I may try calling Telia DK to see if they're having network problems. I did a cold reset, many times : ) -- to no avail.

tmonoober no está en línea Stack level 2

philo

just because cingular gets voice signal in that area doesnt mean they get gprs coverage in that area. make sure cingular has data coverage on THAT network in THAT country. cingular cs can be quite retarded at times.

arb1494 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am sitting in my hotel room in Copenhagen right now and my 8700 says data connection refused on the Delia Dk network. This happens every time I come to Copenhagen. It works every other place in the world. Last time I called Cingular and it was something to do with either the Host Routing or Service Book. We fixed it over the phone in about 10 minutes and no more problems. Now I cannot get anyone to help me and I can't remember what I did last time!! At least I am only here for 3 days.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

arb1494, Welcome to PinStack.

Try going to the Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table and from the Menu select Register Now.

Maybe that will help.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles