Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by Aroc my hotmail works as push and I get zero spam on ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: PUSH For Personal Email?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Aroc
    my hotmail works as push and I get zero spam on that account. I also get one way reconciliation.
    I thought reconiliation wasn't available on BIS??

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    No. You will always get PUSH email on a BB. That is how it operates.

BES (Corporate Server) is almost real time push since it comes from your corporate email servers via RIM.

BIS (Personal email) comes via RIM's servers and is delayed about 15-20 minutes, but occaisionally faster if you are receiving a lot of email over a short period of time. Some of the forwarding services, such as gmail, are much faster at hitting your BB.
    Tru Tru^^^

I have gmail, yahoo and mail.com accounts set up on my BB.

I receive mail instantly on Gmail and Yahoo, where as mail.com's delivery can be intermittent ranging from 1-60mins.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Yahoo, Gmail and Cox communications all work quickly for me

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by BBwannabe
    I can certainly live with the delay, but part of the reason I chose the BB over a WM device is due to what I believed was the quick delivery of PUSH. Also, I'm self-employed, so I'll be using it with my own clients, and getting email quickly is an asset.
    Sounds like you should check into hosted BES.

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

You could also have your email forwarded to your blackberry address, this way you will receive messages within seconds. Set your rply to address to the one you are interested and voila!

bookmonster no está en línea Stack level 1

I have gmail setup on my Blackberry, and it works flawlessly. I recieve my mail nearly instantly, and it was very easy to setup. Sometimes I get my gmail faster than the mail that comes through my job network email. The spam filters in gmail are pretty brilliant as an aside.

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3

Am new to the Blackberry just got it 3 days. My question is since I read that you can't have regular ISP mail come in within seconds is there a program that can hide or change the the reply to not to show the myemail at sprint.blackberry.net to show when I reply. I have one of my email accounts forward to the blackberry.net to have it come in within seconds which I for my clients because there are times they call me to send over information that I need to review right away. Also with my work email I need the same thing but since I already set up my other email to forward to the blackberry.net address I can't have my work email forward to that one because it will have the reply address of my other email. This is my first ever blackberry device so I don't know the in's and out's of this device. I have always used Windows Mobile devices but just got tired of the many resets I sometimes had to do, but I was able to do a send/receive in the email to download my email. So I guess my question is if there is no way to do the above question, is there a way to do a send/receive on the blackberry email. Thanks

taimur no está en línea Stack level 2

If you want push email on BIS account, try forwarding your emails (from OPTIONS) to your blackberry email address.
    So far Ive come across that option in most of email accounts.

Cpluse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D40CB0

Great site! Can someone clear something up. When you talk about yahoo,msn email account are these the free account that can work or only the paid one. Like i have a hotmail and a free yahoo email account. Can I use these too. Or i have to have the paid subscription email account to get it pushed to my BB.

For yahoo, I believe it works fine with the free account but for hotmail I don't think so although some users with "old" hotmail accounts are able to use it (like myself)

BaRiMzI no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Gmail can be pushed to your BB. As can Yahoo, AOL, etc. (not msn though)
    actually msn works for me, its my main email account

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by ElCamino
    Am new to the Blackberry just got it 3 days. My question is since I read that you can't have regular ISP mail come in within seconds is there a program that can hide or change the the reply to not to show the myemail at sprint.blackberry.net to show when I reply.
    If you only have one forwarded email address you can just set the From address to mask the *.blackberry.net address. If you have serveral forwarded, you might want to check into BBreply.

takeshi, I have 4 email accounts but only two of them I need to be up to date as soon as the emails come in. These are the one's I use for my work stuff. I did setup one of them to do the blackberry.net forward thing but the other one I can't becuase I only have option to put one email address for reply to. Also I did find the BBreply and loaded it up but won't work on my 8703e from Sprint it tells me that I don't have a web email setup or something like that. Anybody know of another way to do this to two email accounts any input would be great.

ElCamino, I had the same problems with the 8703 and apps that help with this issue..so this is how I used to do it..It's not the most convenient way but it works..
    OK, what you can do is set all your email accounts to forward to your blackberry address. Then go to your blackberry web client (BIS) and setup all your email accounts the normal way.
    At this point, if succesfull setting up your email accounts, you should receive a service book for each email account on your blackberry.
    Then, for each account, select the "filters" field and select "do not forward messages to handheld"
    **The logic behind this is that you will receive msgs almost instantly since they are being forwarded to your blackberry address but you won't receive a duplicate of the email after the blackberry web client "pulls" emails from your account.
    Now, when you want to send or forward an email from your blackberry, since you have a "service book" for each email account, you will be able to select on your blackberry which address to use when composing or forwarding emails. The option to change the address used to send an email from your bb will be at the top of the new or compose screen.
    Does this make sense?
    Now, the downside.....try replying and see what I mean..so Instead of choosing reply, choose forward and edit to make it seem as a reply..
    There are free programs around..(google them), some people have reported it works fine for them but in my case, it did not work well (8703)
    What this program is supposed to do is preety much the forward option I told you about but more "automatic"..Although like I said, it did not work well for me, everytime I used it it would default to sms instead of email making the process longer.

dionnfr no está en línea Stack level 1

likefre is correct, I have 3 e-mail accounts setup this way, the delay is a matter of seconds not minutes, I have watched it, once an e-mail gets to my computer within 45 seconds it appears on my BB.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks for that info I will give it a try.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast