Working with Sprint to finger this out...anyone have similar issue or, better yet, a fix ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

DCNelson no está en línea Stack level 1

Provisioning failed ( error 1012 ) ???

Advertisement

Working with Sprint to finger this out...anyone have similar issue or, better yet, a fix that wont take up to 15 HOURS according to Sprint?!! As soon as Sprint fixes it then I can activate it on out enterprise server...

edit -- device is an 8703.

Danke.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Provisioning failed ( error 1012 ) ???

Depends on the error they are getting in "service pro". Ask them if the "IOTA" failed, or if you get an "end user not found" error. Call 18776549111, they are good. I have a customer with the same issue and it sux. Service pro errors clear every 4 hours, you dont have to wait 15, unless they are doing a ctms ticket, which in my opinion sux because they will just clear the error, not fix the actual issue. You need a network ticket for the actual problem, not the error. Does that make sense?

Gotcha. My boss is getting a little fidgety over this and I dont have the device anymore to troubleshoot at this time. The boss was planning on just getting a whole new device - not sure why because the problem may not go away. Sigh.. We did get a trouble ticket #, which supposedly was going to be handled by an "engineer" since the highest level phone support exhausted all avenues of troubleshooting and we were still getting the same error. When we got the ticket number, early yesterday morning PST, the gal said that we should hear something by no later than 15 hours! They were supposed to call me, and I have not heard a word. I had asked if I could have the number to the engineers, she said they dont have a phone number and only the engineers will call us. I'll post back as news develops.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    DC, I am on with Sprint BB right now. Call me at (Sent to you in an email to your comcast account) and I will get them to fix this. I deal with this every day.
    Last edited by N8DBB; 08-01-2007 at 04:50 PM.

Apparently the device is now functioning normally - but I don't know what the real problem was. I'll try and find out after I get to work and post.

rjholmes35 no está en línea Stack level 1

error 1012

It has been my experience that the code usually on the provider. The data package removed and re-added has worked for me.