In drs ofc so profile set to 'quiet'. Recd IM on the OZ app and ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

gteague no está en línea Stack level 2

profile bug?

Advertisement

In drs ofc so profile set to 'quiet'. Recd IM on the OZ app and I get a loud notifier tone. Found the app had a notifier setting of its own. Is it a bug that it should be able to override the sys profile?

/guy

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: profile bug?

Ramble IM and IM+ (the only 2 I have used that do that) also do the same thing, although Ramble isn't too bad because its just a soft little like "Bleep".

I don't necessarily know if they are bugs. My guess is just that they didn't want to/didn't know how to incorporate the aftermarket messengers with the profiles settings.

Have never used any other ones, except for yahoo, and it integrates well.

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Ramble IM and IM+ (the only 2 I have used that do that) also do the same thing, although Ramble isn't too bad because its just a soft little like "Bleep".

I don't necessarily know if they are bugs. My guess is just that they didn't want to/didn't know how to incorporate the aftermarket messengers with the profiles settings.

Have never used any other ones, except for yahoo, and it integrates well.
    my thought is that if you want your bb to be quiet and you tell it at the system level to be quiet, a mere app should not be able to override a system or global setting. i wonder if the app would override the 'off' or the 'vibrate' profile?

and this is the im app that is the one you get queued up and ready to be installed--it's not like you got it from some dark alley of the internet!

tks.

ps: i thought your user name was a ham call, but the fcc database shows that call to be expired, so if you are a ham, better get that paperwork in!

/guy (73 de kg5vt)

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by gteague
    ps: i thought your user name was a ham call, but the fcc database shows that call to be expired, so if you are a ham, better get that paperwork in!

/guy (73 de kg5vt)
    A ham call?

Oh, and yes, it will override Vibrate...but not sure about quiet/sleeping mode...I don't really put my phone on sleep mode unless I am sleeping and then usually the wireless is off anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    A ham call?

Oh, and yes, it will override Vibrate...but not sure about quiet/sleeping mode...I don't really put my phone on sleep mode unless I am sleeping and then usually the wireless is off anyways.
    i finally got the time to investigate and, as logic would dictate, there's an option to 'follow profile'. why this wasn't set by default i haven't the faintest idea!

tks,

/guy