Ive recently upgraded from a 7290 to an 8700, and used the transfer wizzard in ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

loz_the_guru no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems with my address book - +44 and 0 numbers

Advertisement

Ive recently upgraded from a 7290 to an 8700, and used the transfer wizzard in Desktop Manager which transferred my messages, settings address book etc. Ive unfortunately now run into a problem.

whenever a text message comes through, the number is displayed as +447xxxxxxxx, not the contacts name. Whenever a phone call is displayed, it is always 07xxxxxxxxxx (im in the UK).

This is getting REALLY annoying, as ive usually no idea who a message is from. The only way ive found around it is to save two numbers to each contact, one starting with +447 and one starting with 07. There MUST be a better way around this, but i cant figure for the life of me what it is. I never had this problem on my old 7290. Im running os 4.2.

Can anyone help?

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm not sure about your device but from the call log hit the menu key & select options. Go to smart dialing and set the country code to +44 and the national number length to 11.

This worked for me.