I'm on Alltel's network, using a BB 8703e. I followed the tethering instructions from Hayden's ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

wxchaser no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32BBAC44

Problems viewing web pages while tethered on 8703e

Advertisement

I'm on Alltel's network, using a BB 8703e. I followed the tethering instructions from Hayden's thread in the stickies. I can't post the link because I am not Stack Level 2.

For the phone # to dial I used #777. Username was my 10 digit Alltel phone number, and for the password I used alltel in lower case.

I connect with the tethering, and from command prompt was able to ping the IP address I got when I did an ipconfig /all.

The problem I have, is even though I'm apparently connected, I can not view any web pages at all.
    I've turned Windows Firewall on and off (using XP Professional) and it makes no difference.

What am I missing here? Can some one point me to the proper settings so I can get this working?
    It would be greatly appreciated. I've cleared all my cache in IE 7.0 and it made no difference, and also downloaded and tried Firefox with the same results! Pulling my hair out over this.

PIN/ID
    32BBAC44

Re: Problems viewing web pages while tethered on 8703e

Figured this out thanks to an excellent post by indigent in a similar thread a week ago:

I followed his instructions to a T and worked magnificently...hooked up on the first try.

I got 326 Kpbs down and 86 Kpbs up on dslreports testing to a Miami server pretty far from here. Really glad I finally got this working after bugging Alltel for the past week and a half. Great forum.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Glad all is well and welcome to the stacks!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    32BBAC44

Quote Originally Posted by kayos72
    Glad all is well and welcome to the stacks!
    Thanks kayos. I've been lurking for a while before/after purchase of the BB. Sure like it a lot.