Hi there i am new to this fourm and i have a problem with my ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

enrico no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Problem with my 8700g Need some help please !!!!!

Advertisement

Hi there i am new to this fourm and i have a problem with my blackberry 8700g, ok here is the problem.

I have full single from my provider, i can recieve text messages, but i can not receive calls or make calls or send text messages. I go to make a call it tell me "sorry only Emergency calls only" if some one calls me it goes stright to voice mail, and text do not go out. I contactd service provider told me my phone is unlock so i should not have that problem, i contacted RIM and they also told me that my phone is unlocked. Some one told me it is a setting on the phone that is causeing the problem but i have not a clue what it is, i also wanted to know how come i can not fill in my Owner information i just can not type it in. Can some one help me please.
    Last edited by enrico; 03-25-2007 at 11:57 AM.

gavinrice no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Problem with my 8700g Need some help please !!!!!

i had a similar problem with my 8700g a few months ago, though i could still make outgoing calls somehow (apparently i shouldn't have been able to). all incomings went straight to voicemail, and my phone never alerted me about new messages or texts. anyways, i took the phone right to a t-mobile store and it took their guy about 45 minutes or so to fix it and looked like it involved dumping and reloading all the data from my phone (it did not appear to be an obvious or simple problem!).
    sorry i can't be of more help, but i think it's a problem for the pro's!

enrico no está en línea Stack level 1

thank for the info can any one else give me some info on what it may me please.!!!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Enrico, is this a new problem? Did you previously have full use of the phone?

As a first step, try a reboot (take out the battery with the BB on then hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds before putting the battery back in).

Then, try resending your service books. Log in to the Cingular BIS site and send them from there. Or you can try Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table/Click/Register Now.

If none of that works, you may have to reload your operating system.