hey all, just got my 8700 today. i got it from my boss as a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

rskyliner34 no está en línea Stack level 1

Previously Owned Phone

Advertisement

hey all,

just got my 8700 today. i got it from my boss as a business phone. i wanted to set up the personal email function for my outlook address but it seems he already set up an account on the phone's PIN. he doesnt remeber his user name or password. is there a way to reset this? if not i guess we'll try a bunch of names that it may be.

thanks in advance!

ross

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: Previously Owned Phone

call the service provider
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

rskyliner34 no está en línea Stack level 1

cool thanks ill try that tomorrow

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

This is one of the problems of getting a used BB. Plus it has been discussed here several times, so the search functon would have helped you find an answer.

Apparently the previous owner did not cancel their BIS account which releases the PIN and IMEI for you to use.

You need to talk to the previous owner and have him/her call their carrier and cancel their BIS account. The carrier will not do it for you in most cases since it could be a lost or stolen device not yet reported as such. Hopefully he left in good standing so there will be no issues. Once he/she cancels the account, then you have the phone properly provisioned and a BB dataplan added. Once those 2 things are done, you can establish your BIS account and set up your email. Remember, it takes about 15 minutes for email to come through.

In addition, if the BB was used on BES, the IT Policies need tobe removed. I suggest a search to get the info on how to do that.