Does anyone know if the "Press SEND to start Emergency call" "feature" can be disabled?? ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

kevintap no está en línea Stack level 1

Press SEND to start Emergency call...

Advertisement

Does anyone know if the "Press SEND to start Emergency call" "feature" can be disabled??

I find it anoying as hell. Try dialing the following phone numbers on your blackberry when it is locked:
    555-5911
    555-5112
    555-0008

or better yet:
    (508) 591-1208 - and you'll get 3 popups during your dialing...

The "Press SEND to start Emergency call" message pops up instead of the last digit you dialed. You have to clear the message and then re-dial the last digit. It looks like any number that has a "911", "112", or "08" in it will prompt this message if your blackberry is locked.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Press SEND to start Emergency call...

Not sure, thought I would give the post a bump.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Kevin, I don't believe there is a way to do this. When your BB is locked, it can only dial an emergency number.

kevintap no está en línea Stack level 1

There's actually a setting on mine (8700c w/ handheld software 4.1.0.377) in the Security Options/General Settings to "Allow Outgoing Calls While Locked". When this setting is enabled, I experience the annoyances previously described. This is a very useful feature when your corporate policy dictates that you must have a device password, but you still want your family members to be able to use your blackberry as a phone.