BB 8703e, Alltel, just upgraded to 4.2.1.110. Why oh why did I mess with this!! ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

TheLorax no está en línea Stack level 2

Post-4.2-Update-Traumatic-Stress-Syndrome

Advertisement

BB 8703e, Alltel, just upgraded to 4.2.1.110.

Why oh why did I mess with this!! I had it running perfectly, no issues then the upgrade bug bit me. I upgraded today to v4.2.1.110 from Alltel and have nothing but headaches all day because of it. I'm down to two issues and I need help.

1) Using company BES setup, receiving email & calendar items just fine, but when I goto delete emails from my BB, I don't get the option for "Mailbox & Handheld" even though that is setup in the Reconciliation settings. I only see Delete or Cancel. What gives?

2) Using the normal profile with various standard tones for email/sms/etc alerts. I'm getting audible alerts for SMS messages, but when new emails come it the thing is silent as a church mouse. Again..what gives?

I LIVE off of email so I have to have these alerts working. Any ideas?

Thanks All!!

Update:

Was so stinkin' frustrated I decided to wipe my BB and start over. Downloaded the JL_Cmder, installed, ran and wiped. On reboot BB showed the "507". Loaded Desktop Manager 4.3, then d/l and installed the latest OS from Alltel (4.2.1.110). Ran Desktop Manager, connected my BB and went through the install process. Once the BB rebooted, I activated my account with our BES server. Finally it is fully synching and alerting me to new emails and I also have the full delete email options "Mailbox & Handheld". I've reloaded my custom ringtones and restored my Address Book, Passwords list and all seems to be working right now. I'll let it "chill" for a bit, then add back my other 2 GMail accounts and see how those work. So far so good after the initial frustration.

TheLorax

Ok, final news, for now. Re-added my 2 Gmail accounts via BIS and they are working just fine. Things I've discovered about the 4.2 upgrade. SLOW response time going through menus & screens, much slower than pre-4.2. Main ringtone is much lower in volume, this was copied over and I've had to set the volume to HIGH when it is in the holster and out. On the flipside, the volume is much greater when in a voice call, actually have to turn this down quite a bit. I think I have worked out most of the quirks of the new OS and for the most part happy with it. Now when does 4.3 come out??

TheLorax

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Glad you got everything back up and running again

weee96 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I can't go without 4.2 now, it's only slightly slower but super stable (no more random reboots).

I never had any issues with 4.1x, just thought some of the new features of 4.2 sounded really neat. I have noticed that 4.2 is slower in scrolling through menus and even answering the phone. Only issue I still have with the 4.2 is figuring out the right volume level for all my notifications and ringtones, off from what I was used to. BTW, wasn't there supposed to be a voice-memo feature for recording short memos, not sending them to anyone, just keeping on device? I must have misread that...

TheLorax