I have a T-Mobile 8700g, and my reception with T-Mobile isn't swell. My Samsung that ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

germy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241bb585

Poor signal w/ TMobile

Advertisement

I have a T-Mobile 8700g, and my reception with T-Mobile isn't swell. My Samsung that I had before my BB got better reception, and just got my wife a Pearl and she can use her phone right by mine when I don't get a signal.

My question is does this seem like a 'lemon' phone or is the 8700g known for poor reception?

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : Poor signal w/ TMobile

8700 was a good device and I don't know why you're not having a good reception, maybe should you tried an OS upgrade?
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Poor signal w/ TMobile

I have the 8700g with T-mobile. I've had a lot of phones with them. The 8700g doesn't seem to have any worse reception than the others. It might be your particular phone.

PIN/ID
    241bb585

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i 8700/4.2.1.96 is the version I am running, and I guess I will call tmobile and ask them. I mean sometimes I can have full bars but still can't make calls

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5

That sounds like an equipment issue. I'd bring it in to a store and have it checked out. Is it new?

PIN/ID
    241bb585

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~called tmo and they have put in a service request to the maintainance people here in my town.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

ya...I've had that service request placed for me a few times in my little town. Now TMO is planning to actually build a tower a mile from me and people are protesting it. Go figure. What really makes me laugh is that I travel all over southeastern Michigan on a daily basis for work, and the only place I have signal issues is in my own home. Maybe it's the cats. Do cats block cell signal? I wouldn't be suprised.
    Andy

beansy72 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have to admit that the phone quality on my 8700g isnt that great either. People usually tell me that they have trouble understanding or hearing me and I know that I cannot hear peole clearly. I will def. upgrade before my two years are up.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Schufly
    What really makes me laugh is that I travel all over southeastern Michigan on a daily basis for work, and the only place I have signal issues is in my own home.
    That's precisely why as much as I liked TMO and disliked at&t I switched my personal lines over to at&t. TMO's coverage at my house was too poor to place or receive calls but didn't allow me to roam. At&t's coverage here is excellent. I don't have any land lines so the cell lines have to have good coverage at home.

Hopefully TMO's UMA will help out people that can take advantage of it.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I have had the 8700g for a long time, no problems with signal or voice quality. I have used the pearl and now the curve, all on T-Mobile. They are great.

I know the coverage isnt always the best, but everywhere I have ever gone, including the middle of nowhere in Iowa I have had coverage.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

First, give tmo a call, maybe a tower issue. Second, if the tower seems ok, try getting your device exchange. Third, if it still happens on your new device, think about getting a repeater (signal booster), pricey, but well worth it.