for the past 5-7 days that I can remember I have been receiving the white ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

macabees no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32c94407

Please help - White screen of death on 8703e

Advertisement

for the past 5-7 days that I can remember I have been receiving the white screen of death (at least that's what I call it) I am looking at my phone now and all i have is a white scree with the hour glass flipping. then it reboots to the sprint screen. This has happened while in the holster and also while using it, text messages, phone calls etc. Please help? I am still a newbie as of 2 months so keep that in mind.

Also wondering about email settings and why when I send an email it will also pop up in my inbox. I want to add my outlook email but each time I have tried nothing seems to work.

If you are willing I would love some help. Thank you kindly in advance.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Please help - White screen of death on 8703e

As far as ? 1. i would say to run the application loader off of the pc. reloading the OS sounds like what is needed. as far as ? 2. Are you using a gmail? if so you will need to set a filter on your BIS account or in gmail account. you won't be able to send an email to yourself but you will also not get duplicate copies. By the way welcome to the stacks macabees.

PIN/ID
    32c94407

so #1 with the application loader - what exactly and I doing. I just ran it and it said that the device software has been updated and then the white screen came back on????
    #2 I am running 2 gmail accounts is your point for me to change the gmail settings or the BIS settings.

** what about setting up my outlook that doesn't seem to be working. Is there a step by step process?

Thank you for your quick response

#1 after the app loader it should reboot and spin on the hourglass for a min or 5 and then hopefully run well.
    #2 you can set a filter on either, whatever is easier for you. you are setting it up to not forward emails that are from your gmail address so that you do not get duplicate copies
    #3 What are we trying to set up in outlook ?

PIN/ID
    32c94407

ok so with outlook - I am just trying to get my emails delivered to my bb. However it's not cooperated yet.

as with the gmail accounts just changed it and all is well. Thank you

Glad gmail is working for ya. what email do you have coming into outlook?

maurobor64 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2505E4AF

I had the same problem after uploading a new sw on my 8700g BB. I don't remember which software I was uploading, but I guess it is a compatibility problem. I had it replaced in the shop where I bought it.
    Go and ask your provider.

Good luck