Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a 8703e and I have downloaded themes from here before. I downloaded another ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

happy1240 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BD62DA

Please help me. . .

Advertisement

I have a 8703e and I have downloaded themes from here before. I downloaded another one and my bb just gets the hourglass. I have done a battery pull but that did nothing. Im scared. Now what? Please. Thank you for helping!:cry:

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Please help me. . .

Quote Originally Posted by happy1240
    I have a 8703e and I have downloaded themes from here before. I downloaded another one and my bb just gets the hourglass. I have done a battery pull but that did nothing. Im scared. Now what? Please. Thank you for helping!:cry:
    Sorry happy, guess that doesn't make you too happy. (dumb joke) what OS do you have and where did you get the theme? If you have 4.1.xxx and the theme was built for 4.2.xxx that would explain it. Try a simple battery pull and if that does not work the only option is to uninstall the theme from the desktop manager. If the pc does not connect to the phone follow http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html
    hope it helps.

PIN/ID
    32BD62DA

Ok I found that link before and tried it and when I take the battery out and go to connect settings it doesnt recognize my bb. All it says is make sure the device is inserted properly and it is. I did the battery pull and nothing. I knew this would happen to me. Grrrrrrrrrrr. I have to settle down and keep trying this I guess. You guys say it works but not Im impatient. Ill try again. Calgon take me away!!!!

Ok I found that link before and tried it and when I take the battery out and go to connect settings it doesnt recognize my bb. All it says is make sure the device is inserted properly and it is. I did the battery pull and nothing. I knew this would happen to me. Grrrrrrrrrrr. I have to settle down and keep trying this I guess. You guys say it works but not Im impatient. Ill try again. Calgon take me away!!!!
    in the connection settings is it on usb-pin or a com port? try it on usb-pin if it gives the option. It is frustrating and you may have to do it several times to get it done.

PIN/ID
    32BD62DA

Thank you very very much for trying to help me. I am on the usb but it doesnt say pin just usb. It keeps on saying device not found and wont go any further. I have tried it several different ways. I even put the battery in and it recognizes the device and then it doesnt. Grrrrrrrr. Please keep on helping me. Im ready to cry.

In the communication port selection during the app loader process do you have the detect com port checked/ if so try unchecking and let me know what options you have in the drop down.

lindsey_lewin no está en línea Stack level 3

I discovered today that some themes can mess up your bb, I have the Pearl and changed my theme a couple of days ago, over the past couple of days my emails stopped working, bb messenger failed and my browser stopped altogether. Changed my theme about 20mins ago....RESULT??? All better!!!
    Going to be careful from now on!!

PIN/ID
    32BD62DA

I have tried every drop down menu possible and checked and unchecked. This is a mystery cause I am doing exactly what the directions say and what you told me to do and it doesnt recognize the device. Keeps on saying device not connected. Now what is interesting is I tried it with the battery in and it recoginizes it for a second and then it then it doesnt.

lindsey_lewin no está en línea Stack level 3

BTW I downloaded the theme OTA....

I have tried every drop down menu possible and checked and unchecked. This is a mystery cause I am doing exactly what the directions say and what you told me to do and it doesnt recognize the device. Keeps on saying device not connected. Now what is interesting is I tried it with the battery in and it recoginizes it for a second and then it then it doesnt.
    what happens if you leave the battery in? will it let you click on finish?

PIN/ID
    32BD62DA

nope. It goes recognizes it for a second and then it goes away.

OK so we remove the battery click on application loader, next, and it says " A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again." Is that right?

PIN/ID
    32BD62DA

Yep. What I dont understand also is it says ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. How can it do that when it doesnt even start up?

Yep. What I dont understand also is it says ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. How can it do that when it doesnt even start up?
    So we don't even get to the device application selection window. Have you backed up your info recently?

PIN/ID
    32BD62DA

Kind of recently. With in the month I say. I dont use by bb for business or anything just a few games and themes. Again thank you for helping me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast