Hello All, New to the forums and just got an 8700g with TMO a few ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

zeta013 no está en línea Stack level 1

Phone rings after answering a call on vibrate?

Advertisement

Hello All,

New to the forums and just got an 8700g with TMO a few days ago. Still learning how to use it but have an unusual issue. When the phone is on vibrate and i get a call, when i answer the call, the phone will ring for a second. It sounds like the ring if you were the person dialing, but it will ring through the speaker in the back.

Anyone else experience this and/or know how to keep it from doing this?

THanks in advanced.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Phone rings after answering a call on vibrate?

zeta013, Welcome to PinStack.

Never heard of this, and don't have the Pearl, but wanted to keep the post up on the list.

Rcbrj.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

never heard of that before either - have you tried taking the battery out and reseting the phone? that may help or you could have a defect in the phone and i am sure that someone will be along shortly to help you out.
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

zeta013 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi everyone. Thanks for the responses. Yea...it happens on and off, its wierd. I've been trying to test it out some more to re-create the bug by calling myself from another line. Iit seems to happen when I pick up the phone in the middle of the ring from the calling line. Not a huge problem, just a monor annoyance.

Thanks again for the help and the welcomes to pinstack.

pn0853 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I know this is an old post, but I ran across it while doing a Google search on the same subject. I've had a Curve 8330 with Verizon for about one year now. My phone does the same thing as described by the OP.

I always leave my phone on vibrate, so I don't know if the same problem occurs when the ringer is on. Sometimes, when I press TALK, my phone will vibrate one more time. This is always followed by the other party saying something like "What the h*** was that weird noise?!" Apparently, it sounds like a loud honking/buzzing noise and is very annoying.

I'm posting in this old thread to see if someone has figured out how to fix this problem. Surely zeta013 and I are not the only ones who have this problem

ThruHiker99 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Curve Vibrate Problem

My curve has the same issue where it will vibrate after I answer the call. This is a serious annoyance, and is actually a little embarrassing when I get a client call. I've heard it sounds like a baby crying among other things. Unfortunately, this only happens like every fifth time I receive a call so it's not easy to replicate. I'd love to hear if anyone has been able to fix this problem. I plan to take the phone back to Verizon to see if they can replace it if I can't fix it myself. Thanks.