[FONT=Verdana]Hello, I have spent hours searching the forums looking for one specific comparison. Phone quality ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Daryl-MN no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Phone qulity BB8700/8800 vs Treo

Advertisement

[FONT=Verdana]Hello,
    I have spent hours searching the forums looking for one specific comparison. Phone quality BB vs Treo. I am referring quality clarity of the phone portion only on the BB or treo. Let me explain; I have Cingular service and also have a Treo650. I can "get by" using the other features of the treo that I use but using it as a phone I definitely have issues with. As a phone I would rate it as C+/B-, but the outlook syncing, and e-mail work fine.
    I like a lot of what I'm reading about the BB8700 & anticipated 8800, but what I really want to know, how WELL does the phones compare to a treo. Again I'm referring to signal retention, sound quality and dropped calls.

I would like to buy an 8800 when they come out, but not if I'll taking a step back regarding the phone portion of the device.

Thanks in advance. Best regards
    Daryl[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][/FONT]

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Phone qulity BB8700/8800 vs Treo

I can't compare the Phone quality with the treo, but I never had any problem with the quality of the 8700, or now the 8100 Blackberry devices.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Dary, I think the reason you're not finding a lot about this is because the call quality issues you are referring to (signal, sound quality, dropped calls) relate more to the service provider and your location. Personally, I have had my BB8700 on T-Mobile for 6 months and have never had any issues with any of those three areas.

Ljbyar,
    I realize that services provider has alot to to with the cell service, but I was trying to take that out of the equation and just compar phones. I've have cell phones since 1996 and I've noticed dramaticly different phone quality all using the same provider (and even the same bandwith). To say it a lillte differently, for people's opinions that had both with the same cell provider, what phone is a better phone device.

Thanks for your feedback.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Gotcha. I have been using cell phones for over 20 years and the 8700 is one of the best. That being said, I have never used a Treo. I'm sure you'll get some feedback on this thread from those who have.

Ljbyar,
    I apologize for all the embarrassing typos in the previous posting. I 'm glad you were able to decode it and respond.