I have my work phone set up to forward to my 8703e when I recieve ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

crupp no está en línea Stack level 2

Phone Question

Advertisement

I have my work phone set up to forward to my 8703e when I recieve a new voicemail to my desktop phone. My question is. When I answer the incomming, fowarded call, I have to enter a total of 12 characters to retrieve the message (extension and passcode), is there a way to program the phone to auto dial all if not most of those characters. Like the pause feature when dialing a call from your address book?

Thanks for the help
    Having the latest electronics, not priceless

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Re: Phone Question

So you want this to happen on an incoming call? I dont think you can set this up on an incoming call.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

crupp no está en línea Stack level 2

I didn't think so. It is just a hassle having to enter all those characters on the road. If someone knows of any way just let me know.

By the way, yes, incomming calls
    Having the latest electronics, not priceless

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by crupp
    I have my work phone set up to forward to my 8703e when I recieve a new voicemail to my desktop phone. My question is. When I answer the incomming, fowarded call, I have to enter a total of 12 characters to retrieve the message (extension and passcode), is there a way to program the phone to auto dial all if not most of those characters. Like the pause feature when dialing a call from your address book?

Thanks for the help
    I can't think of any way to do this either, but you can certainly set up a "contact" in your address book with the phone number and dialing sequence. It might just be easier to assign a number to your voice mail and hang up and dial back using a contact with the proper dialing sequence built in!

If you enter the dialing info on your BlackBerry, use the comma [,] key (N on querty devices, L for 71xx/81xx devices) to insert a 2 second pause, and the exclamation key [!] (B on querty devices, W on 71xx/81xx devices) to enter a wait command. A wait will ask you to hit Enter when ready - not like on a modem where it will Wait for a dialtone before proceeding.

I believe if you simply use comma and exclamation in Outlook you will get the same results, but I'm not positive.
    JerryD