how to you turn off the phone lock? Every time you go to use the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

garyalan82 no está en línea Stack level 1

Phone lock on 8700 how to turn off?

Advertisement

how to you turn off the phone lock? Every time you go to use the phone it ask for a lock code and I can not figure out how to get it turned off in the phone. I dont see phone lock listed anywhere in the options.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Phone lock on 8700 how to turn off?

I'm not sure I undertsand the question. is your phone automatically locking maybe? in that case, you click the green phone button and the asterick. is this what you mean or is it something else?

the phone does automatically lock, but it ask for a passcode to unlock it. It also locks on start up of the phone. It is doing both. I am wanting to know how to turn that off from asking for a passcode

Quote Originally Posted by garyalan82
    the phone does automatically lock, but it ask for a passcode to unlock it. It also locks on start up of the phone. It is doing both. I am wanting to know how to turn that off from asking for a passcode
    Type in an incorrect password ten times. A couple of times, along the way, your BB will ask you to type in "blackberry" to continue. After the tenth incorrect password, the handheld will erase all of it's user data and then will ask you to create a new password. After that, it's all yours! That oughta did it!

Ive already done that. It still comes up and ask for a password after you do that. It ask you to set a new password when it comes back on and dos'nt stop asking for the password unfortantly

Quote Originally Posted by garyalan82
    Ive already done that. It still comes up and ask for a password after you do that. It ask you to set a new password when it comes back on and dos'nt stop asking for the password unfortantly
    Then go ahead and create a new password. After you're "in", go to Options:Security Options:General Options and disable the password. (It will be the top choice on the list). If it does not allow you to disable the password, then you have an IT policy that needs to be removed. Clear instructions are here: http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy - after the IT policy is removed, you will be able to disable the password. That oughta did it!!

Wow thanks Mark you are really awesome! I had been through everything that I knew to do. I had already tried all of the standard stuff, but that Remobe IT Polcy worked! thanks.