Just d/l a new theme I created and now my 8700 is going through a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

firebreather no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D73CFF

Thumbs down perpetual reboot

Advertisement

Just d/l a new theme I created and now my 8700 is going through a perpetual reboot cycle and i can't seem to stop it. I tried a battery pull; but no luck. Have had the 8700 for months and this is a new phenomena. Any help appreciated

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: perpetual reboot

If It happened after you downlaoded the theme then you will need to remove it and run an application loader on the pc. Trick is with it rebooting the desktop manager won't detect it. Use this thread http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html and follow it carefully. Should work for you.

firebreather no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D73CFF

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    If It happened after you downlaoded the theme then you will need to remove it and run an application loader on the pc. Trick is with it rebooting the desktop manager won't detect it. Use this thread http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html and follow it carefully. Should work for you.
    Thx Eddie.
    I used the fix and at least got my OS back clean. Unfortunately my last b/u was in June, so I lost a month's worth!
    Thx again
    firebreather

Quote Originally Posted by firebreather
    Thx Eddie.
    I used the fix and at least got my OS back clean. Unfortunately my last b/u was in June, so I lost a month's worth!
    Thx again
    firebreather
    Glad i could help and that you got your phone back, sucks that you lost all the info though. I just love it when my BB throws a fit.

BBStoof no está en línea Stack level 1

Hilarously enough, my 8700 crashed for the same reason last night, and this thread has saved me (thank you!) I was able to wipe 'er clean and re-install the OS (uncovering the Today and Zen theme as a bonus!)

However, I am having trouble accessing e-mail now- "service book information not found" is the error message. Any insight?

Regards,
    Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by BBStoof
    Hilarously enough, my 8700 crashed for the same reason last night, and this thread has saved me (thank you!) I was able to wipe 'er clean and re-install the OS (uncovering the Today and Zen theme as a bonus!)

However, I am having trouble accessing e-mail now- "service book information not found" is the error message. Any insight?

Regards,
    Stephanie
    yeah, first go into options, advanced options, host routing table and click the track wheel, select register now and then after the message being sent get back to inbox and wait for an sms to come into your phone. Once recieved try again. If that does not work access your BIS account from pc, set up internet email option on the phone, or call your provider and resend service books back to the phone. By the way welcome to the stacks BBStoof.

BBStoof no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: perpetual reboot

I really appreciate your help, eddie_gauge and others, you've saved me a trip to the Rogers store today (or even worse- a seven-day wait for RIM to fix it!) Your instructions have been easy to follow and effective! I appreciate the warm welcome, and although this is my first post, I have been reading threads religiously for quite some time. It's nice to see so many knowledgable users out there!

Quote Originally Posted by BBStoof
    I really appreciate your help, eddie_gauge and others, you've saved me a trip to the Rogers store today (or even worse- a seven-day wait for RIM to fix it!) Your instructions have been easy to follow and effective! I appreciate the warm welcome, and although this is my first post, I have been reading threads religiously for quite some time. It's nice to see so many knowledgable users out there!
    No problems. Glad to be of assistance and don't worry you will be on here in no time giving advice to others. It is inevitable.

rebekahkmahoney no está en línea Stack level 1

I must be an idiot
    The same thing just happened to me, but I cant figure out how to upload the OS through the loader.
    I downloaded both the desktop software & the 4.1 OS for my 8700c... am I missing something? This is my first blackberry and I have only had it for a month....

Thanks for any help guys!

Becka

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

becka -- did you install the OS? (most common error)

i downloaded it to my computer - and ran it, yes?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ok, now use desktop manager (plug bb into usb cable) and double click application loader and click thru the wizard

that should put the os on the blackberry

when I use the application loader is shows as nothing on my computer to send to the blackberry....

I must be downloading the wrong loader & software?

Quote Originally Posted by rebekahkmahoney View Post
    when I use the application loader is shows as nothing on my computer to send to the blackberry....
    After backing up the info to the PC via back up and restore , go into the Application loader and click next. on the device application selection screen if the first 2 are 4.1 system software and 4.1 core apps, then you have the OS on the PC. Just click on next, then finish. Hope it helps.