Today IT instituted a new password policy. The enabled it and every time my 8700 ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

gumby430 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e5e4d6

Password Help

Advertisement

Today IT instituted a new password policy. The enabled it and every time my 8700 goes into sleep I have to enter the password to get back in. I tried to disable the password buy the locked the feature. Anyone know how to override this?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Password Help

you should probably speak to your BES admin - that's in their IT policy for a reason

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Gumby, there's no way around that. I have to deal with a 10 minute password timeout at my office. It's a pain, but you get used to it. *edit* you don't actually get used to it, you learn to deal with it.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I actually do it on purpose to my BB. I feel there is information in there that is vital if lost.

As mentioned above it is not something you can change yourself, your company has to do it on their end.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by gumby430
    Today IT instituted a new password policy. The enabled it and every time my 8700 goes into sleep I have to enter the password to get back in. I tried to disable the password buy the locked the feature. Anyone know how to override this?
    You cannot override IT policies. Well, actually you can but the policy will be pushed back to your BB. Additionally, messing with IT policies is generally grounds for disciplinary action for companies that bother to implement them.