Ok, here's a bit of an odd one... I handle all of my email accounts ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

taaustin no está en línea Stack level 2

part time email for fiance?

Advertisement

Ok, here's a bit of an odd one... I handle all of my email accounts on my 8700 with no problem at all. I've got my company account, my GMail account and my BB account. All update into the main "Messages" folder, which I actually want.

My fiance occasionally wants to check her hotmail and/or gmail accounts from my BB. It frustrates her to have to go through the browser and all the tedious clicks to connect and log in. I would like to make that process easier for her.

Can I set up accounts for her that show as individual email icons (yes I know I can do that) that DO NOT automatically roll over into my combined "MESSAGES" folder?

Even better, for her privacy, can these individual accounts require entering password?

I'd like to be able to hide those accounts most of the time then click SHOW ALL when she wants to check her email, let her enter her password and then see her new messages. When she's done I'd love to then click off the 'show all' and have them completely hidden from me. Even better, if it would only update new messages since her last (home computer) checking of the accounts.

Asking a lot? I hope not.

Thanks

Terry

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: part time email for fiance?

Don't think you are going to be able to do that. The different icons don't link to different folders, but to preset filters that only show filtered results in your main list.

No Help for your problem though.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Terry, the solution is she needs to get her OWN BlackBerry. That's the only way to go, trust me...

Navilyn,

While in theory I'd agree with you, she's still a student and the monthly data/phone fees wouldn't fit easily in her budget. Admittedly it's an ideal answer but not workable for her at present.

Terry

Ah, I see! Well, I've thought about it some more, and there really is no other option. Unless you just have her email forward a copy to your device email address with a rule (exception) for a special tone when an email comes in. But, to be honest that's a lot of work! She might as well wait till she can get on a pc...

That's the answer I was afraid of... Well, I appreciate the efforts to answer. Have a great day

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

But being the concerned boyfriend that you are, wouldn't you just pay for her data for her?

Christmas is coming quickly you know.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Lewis, you might be on to something here. You know $30 a month ain't too much for a contented GF. That's less than a good dinner and movie for 2.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Yes, Lewis & Rcbjr have a point, taaustin. What do you think?