Welp, I've tried searching so if this request/problem has been addressed elsewhere, I apologize in ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

BoogieNYC no está en línea Stack level 2

Outlook Sync/Time Issues

Advertisement

Welp, I've tried searching so if this request/problem has been addressed elsewhere, I apologize in advance.

I'm using an 8703e with Outlook 2k3 and I sync at work and at home.

I'm not sure why this is, but somehow, all my yearly repeating stuff -- birthdays, anniversaries, days to remember, etc. -- are creating havoc within the sync process.

It all started about two weeks ago when I started noticing events -- like a birthday or an anniversary or an otherwise one-day yearly repeating date -- going from a one-day event to being shown (in Outlook 2k3) as a multi-day event. So for example, a birthday appears as a two-day event.

I looked into the problem and it appeared that the problem events would be listed as starting at 11PM the day prior and last an entire day, which explains why the two-day thing was happening. No problem -- not sure if that occurred as a result of the daylight savings mess or what, but no biggie. I just went into Outlook 2k3 and fixed all the instances of a one-day event being listed as two days -- I changed from 11PM to 12AM that day and then sync'ed.

Problem is, somehow, in between the handheld, the office PC and the home PC, the problem keeps persisting. So much so, in fact, that every day I find myself spending more time syncing, fixing the problems, re-syncing, re-syncing again, and then trying to figure out which is correct -- the office PC, the home PC or the handheld -- and then using the "correct" data to write over the wrong data. But that usually results in only a temporary fix, because I get home/to the office to sync yet again and, shonuff, it's all screwed up and I need to spend another hour or two fixing the same problems again and again. I have the sync process confirm changes/additions/deletions to be on the safe side -- to no avail, obviously -- and I recently began dabbling with the "resync" button to see if that would help figure out which data was accurate and which was corrupt/incorrect.

I tried figuring out how to set up a day event without using times -- it's not like a birthday needs to be listed as from midnight to 11:59PM -- because that's how I had originally set up these events in the Palm Desktop, which is where I migrated from before settling on Outlook 2k3.

If the BB service wasn't so incredible -- in tandem with a bitchin' 8703e, until the 83xx comes out for VZW -- I would have gone to a Treo already.

Anyone have any suggestions/solutions or, in lieu thereof, Dr. Kevorkian's phone number?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Outlook Sync/Time Issues

have you downloaded the DST service pack for DM?
    that might be your issue...or a clean uninstall then reinstall of DM?

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...p_manager.html

Thanks for the quick reply...everything was patched/installed/set up. I did the 4.2 DM install to make sure everything was up to date, but the problem, as I slowly-but-surely discovered today (with the help of a Level 3 Verizon Data Tech) was that the f'in' DST patch on my office PC didn't apparently implement DST.

You read that right -- the morons at Mickeysoft managed to do it again -- release a patch that didn't do anything.

Anyway, since the times were getting screwed up (and nothing else -- no other calendar data, tasks, contacts or memopad items -- were problems) it was clear it was a time issue. So since the handheld had the DST patch, I decided, for sh*ts n' giggles, to create a new appt on the handheld at 2PM called "Test." Then I synced, and sho'nuff, the PC/Outlook showed it as 1PM. I went to the clock, found the DST box unchecked, and it fixed the problem. No more crazy, out-of-sync calendar conflicts, right?

Wrong.

I get home to sync up with the PC/Outlook -- what happens?

About 500 appts need to be deleted and re-added to the home version of Outlook.

Joy!

Tomorrow I'll try syncing, and if somehow the same thing happens -- 500 appts need to be reconciled -- I'll cancel, delete the calendar data completely in Outlook (um, a little help on that one, like how the hell do I do that?) and then re-sync and the handheld data will populate the office Outlook calendar.

Exhale.

At least, in retrospect, I can breathe easy knowing it was Mickeysoft and not Blackberry. The kick in the a$$, of course, was that this AM I had a BB outage (I 'spose a bunch of us did, actually) and so between all these sync issues and that, I was just about ready to roof-test my 8703e.

Tomorrow's another day

Thanks again for the help, 'tis much appreciated...

-B-

bpomeroy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24450BFA

Before you do that make sure that you PC has been updated for the DST changes that happened THIS year. BOTH devices have to be on the same page.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...6071033.aspx#2

Hey BP & Cherri, et al:

The office PC was patched/updated but the little "automatically adjust for DST" wasn't checked. Now it is -- so hopefully that should alleviate any future issues between the home, office and handheld.

So this AM I came in, wiped out the entire calendar database, and did a fresh sync where the calendar data from the handheld was piped into outlook but nothing going the other way.

It had a 500 in/500 out count after I reinstated calendar sync. Lord knows what will happen tonight when I try sync'ing the 87 with the home PC.

I love being an unofficial Mickeysoft beta-tester, I really do.

Thanks to you both for the help. I'm hoping it's a done deal, but until I go a week without any weird calendar issues, I'll keep holding my breath. In the meantime, thanks again :-D