HI everyone. I hope some of you here can be of some help to me. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

bimmian no está en línea Stack level 2

Outlook Forwarding To BB

Advertisement

HI everyone.

I hope some of you here can be of some help to me.

I am a new user of the 8700 and think it is just great.

I dont have a BES server, but i did get an exchange mail account through my ISP. I manage the filtering of mails using outlook rules. It is working well but there is a little that is left to be desired. In particular, i am looking for ways to make the following rules, but cannot figure out how to do so:

- i would like to have rules processed (emails forwarded) when I am NOT on outlook. No sense in getting emails twice.
    - i would by default like to set up rules so that i dont have to manually manage a list of whose emails forward to my BB. I would like emails to be forwarded to me from anyone who i have ever replied to... because if i replied, i obviously value the communication with that person, and it is not a computer generated message.

Any help is appreciated, either ways to make outlook do this or through 3rd party utilities.

Thanks
    ian

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Outlook Forwarding To BB

Use Blackberry desktop redirector:

BlackBerry Desktop Software utilizing desktop redirector

Designed for individual users to install and use on their desktop PC when they do not have access to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server through their company.
    Features and Functionality:

• Send and receive email from your corporate email address
    • Sent and deleted emails are reconciled in your mailbox
    • Synchronization of tasks, calendar, and contacts
    • End-to-end security through Triple DES Encryption
    BlackBerry Desktop Software utilizing desktop redirector requirements:

• Outlook 98/2000/XP (Corporate or Workgroup Installation)
    • Email account on a Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.5/2000
    • Internet/email enabled PC with an Intel486™ processor or higher
    • Windows® 95/98/2000/XP or Windows NT® 4.0 or higher
    • One available serial port
    If you are unsure whether or not you meet these system requirements, please check with your IT professional.
    Note:
    • To utilize the redirector functionality, your Desktop PC must remain on and connected to the network in order for email redirection to occur.
    • BlackBerry Desktop Software utilizing desktop redirector does not work with Outlook Express and Outlook functioning independently from any Exchange Server (i.e. configured through a POP3 server).
    • BlackBerry Desktop Software utilizing desktop redirector does not support individual POP3/ISP email accounts.

bimmian no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Outlook Forwarding To BB

Thanks for the solution. I installed it successfully. I dont like the idea of having to leave the computer on, because i have a laptop, but i will play with it and see if i can get it working to fit my needs.

One of the main things that i wanted was the ability to have anyone who i replied to, be added to a "white list" so that they can have their emails forwarded on to my blackberry. I dont necessarily want to set them all up as contacts though, so this is my problem.

I havent looked through the system fully but it does not appear to support that type of dynamic list generation

ideas?

Can some of you share how you set up your rules?

Ian