When I sync my 8700c with an Outlook Address book it removes the spaces between ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

rtrimble no está en línea Stack level 1

Outlook Catagory sync-where'd the space go between catagories

Advertisement

When I sync my 8700c with an Outlook Address book it removes the spaces between catagories if a contact has more than one catagory. That would be fine, but then Outlook considers the two catagories to be one and it messes up the "system". I still want to be able to sync instead of override the Blackberry, but it is a pain going through each Contact with more than one Catagory to keep the Outlooks Catagories straight.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Outlook Catagory sync-where'd the space go between catagories

And people call me old fashioned for not using spaces in stuff like this.....

I use underscore if necessary, so I don't have this problem.
    JerryD

rtrimble no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Outlook Catagory sync-where'd the space go between catagories

I don't think I explained the problem good enough. I am not having problems with spaces in individual catagories. The problem is if a Contact in Outlook uses two separate catagories it records the catagories as follows: cat1, cat2

The space between the comma and the cat2 is the one removed by the Blackberry. It is not something that I can add or replace with an underscore. Outlook automatically puts it in when you "check" more than one catagory. If the Blackberry removes the space the new column reads: cat1,cat2
    Outlook sees this as an all new catagory with nine digits in the name, not the two catagories that it is supposed to be. This is only important in Outlook if you actually want to sort by catagory.