Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Regarding the insurance - my small business electronics rider will cover my BB. HOWEVER, the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

wrtgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23CF680E

Re: Other Carriers and the 8700

Advertisement

Regarding the insurance - my small business electronics rider will cover my BB. HOWEVER, the deductible is $500, which is more than the BB costs. It's more helpful for me if I'm traveling and all my electronics get stolen.
    Jedd, in another post, pointed me towards Safeware.com, which insures electronics - everything from laptops and smartphones to PDAs and iPods. I'm doing some research on it now. It looks like to insure a BB for $400 (that sound about right?) it would cost $44/year.

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c

Thumbs up Re: Other Carriers and the 8700

I also use the 8700c from Cingular, but a few of our office staff now use the 8700g from T-Mobile. They've had theirs for about 1 week now. Very similar to the 8700c, but all black, not gunmetal and black like the 'c'. I'd prefer Verizon to carry the 8700 since in D.C. only Verizon operates in the Metro (subway), but I find Verizon's offerings pretty pedestrian at times. I read though that Cingular, T-Mobile and Sprint/Nextel will be offering underground (subway) services as part of the Metro's revenue-raising efforts. (Let's hope it helps improve both phone and subway services.) ~Andrew

============

Quote Originally Posted by twheeler
    So we know Cingular in the US will have the exclusive launch of the new 8700c. For those of us NOT on Cingular and NOT willing to switch providers to snatch the new RIM offering up, what's in store for us?

I've been trying to get info from other providers and most are pretty tight lipped.

Verizon - When asked specifically about the new 8700 model, our business rep answered. "Verizon will be offering the smaller 7100 series later this year." But what about the 8700? "I don't have any information on that model."

T-Mobile - I should hear back from tmo today. There's nothing online and most store reps don't know a release date. We'll see what the official response from my rep is.

Please post if you've asked your carrier when they're planning to release the new 8700.

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

a spot for insurance for the bb and other highend phones - is safeware.com

it is a third party company
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

The Doctor no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    318eefd9

Aside from slight cosmetic differences between the C and G models I cannot see a big need for an upgrade to this model other than staying up with the latest standard. Give it a few weeks to get the bugs out in the next revision.

willd no está en línea Stack level 1

I have an 8707v in the UK my colleague in Connecticut would like one.... is it out or coming out in the US ? Which networks please.

Malfo no está en línea Stack level 3

Your friend can get an 8700c from cingular or 8700g from tmobile. Both are the same model just branded for the specific carrier. He/she can always get an unlocked version of yours.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks Malfo .... but are the 8700's 3G with the modem ? As these are the functions he would like.... or is 3G not big in the US ???

Malfo no está en línea Stack level 3

Other than verizon and sprint 3g is moving slowly here in the US. Tmobile doesn't have it and cingular is moving it out slowly. If 3g is the requirement then you'd have to go with a sprint or verizon bb (or other regional cdma carrier like alltel. Verizon is releasing an 8700 series with 3g(evdo) soon.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks Malfo will relay to my buddy in CT... have good weekend

marlinspiker no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DC144B

Just got a Cingular 8700C with tethering plan. Picks up EDGE network great. Took several hours though with tech to get the thing to tether. Now laptop surfs fine while tethered. Problem is, we don't know how we got it to work. lol Some things are best left alone. I use BIS and it is strictly personal use so, I cannot speak for heavy usage. But, from what I see I like it alot. By the way, 7290 cingular will not and cannot tether. Have some friends that are tethering from various companies for free and slowly but surely they are being cut off. oh well, gotta pay for everything now a days.

marlinspiker no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DC144B

oh yeah, cingular's tethering plan replaces the blackberry plan and cost $70 for BIS users.

butler no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B33FDB

Anyone know why Us Cellular threads or discussions isn't there or basically non existent?

58vette no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3049D993

I got mine from Verizon and pay $3.95 a month for the insurance with a $30.00 deductible and couldnt be happier

RIVERINE no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3146A554

i use sprint and have insurance.

budah2025 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B3BEB4

yes there is but you have to show its a manufacturer defect.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast