Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

US US US US **hoping really really hard** I am not a patient person...... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Other Carriers and the 8700

Advertisement

US US US US **hoping really really hard**
    I am not a patient person...

seoulbroth no está en línea Stack level 1

Agreed about the prices..
    But will they really be offering a direct connect feature their berries?

zugga no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mafoe
    may be there will be a UMTS 3G device with VodaFone Germany in Q2 2006.

Hopefully.

Cheers

coming soon mate vodafone 8700 blackberry, no details on spec yet so could be UMTS.

philpurdy no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone hearing of a new 3G BlackBerry for Cingular that will support their recently launched high speed network? I'd hate to buy an 8700 (which looks and feels great by the way) but miss out on 3G speeds for web surfing when a new device maybe just around the corner.....

pain no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20406B04

I don't pretend to be "in the know" but to me it would seem strange for Cingular to launch the 8700c w/ EDGE if a UMTS model was waiting in the wings.

pain.bb@gmail.com

santiagopm no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203CEF7B

I have one 8700 from Vodafone (8700v) and it's only gprs, nothing about 3G. Apart from this it's a great BlackBerry, certainly has the best of the 71xx series and the 72xx series with a really improve speed and a great screen.

wrtgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23CF680E

I was at Cincinnati Bell Wireless, of all places, yesterday. They whipped out a pretty purple 8700 (not sure of the letter designation - the sales guy was all levels of clueless). I was really impressed. They're asking $500 for it (with plan) and he said it was unlocked. Then again, he was clueless, so it may not be. Cin Bell Wireless does not have contracts, though, but we weren't enthused by their coverage and offerings and are going to end up at Cingular. The 8700 is not yet on Cincinnati Bell's web site either, but he pulled it out fo the box and let me play with it a bit.

ml320 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm 4 pin

i was thinking about moving to Cingular just for the 8700 but they also told me that they dont offer insurance on that phone! :-( that turned me away quickly

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Yeah no insurance on MOST higher end phones from Cingular.

PIN/ID
    23CF680E

I was surprised by the no insurance thing too. I keep thinking of the number of times various friends and relatives have had their phones in their pocket and it ended up in the toilet. They have insurance on lower end phones, such as the Sony Ericcson my husband is getting, but that's it. It's annoying. I haven't figured out a solution yet, but I assume there's at least a one-yr warranty via Blackberry/RIM?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

The warranty from RIM is for a manufactured defect. If you drop it, break it, loose it or do something else to it... you are pretty much SOL. I know it sucks.

I think you might be able to put it under your home insurance or something. I remember people doing this when the RAZR came out last year, before carriers started selling it. For those of you with home owners insurance, you may want to check into that and let us know.

And it's not Cingular that doesn't want to insure it, its the company Lockline. I used to have insurance on my regular phones but never used it. If you are good to your phones they will be good to you

PIN/ID
    pm 4 pin

Smile Re: Other Carriers and the 8700

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    And it's not Cingular that doesn't want to insure it, its the company Lockline. I used to have insurance on my regular phones but never used it. If you are good to your phones they will be good to you
    Yeah but crap drops down hill! I know I like the fact I have the insurance and I try to treat my phones good but sometimes things happen! just have to be easy with them

PIN/ID
    23CF680E

Since I run a small writing business out of my home, my various laptops and electronics are all covered under my business insurance. I'll have to add the Blackberry to that once it arrives, I guess.
    If I didn't have the home business, we would have gotten an "electronics rider" on our homeowner's insurance that would have covered the laptops and such, even if they were stolen out of my car or left in a hotel room. (We recently changed insurance, which is why I'm actually aware of all this.)
    The rider doesn't cost much (either for home or for my business), so that's definitely an option for those who can do it. I assume you could add that sort of thing to Renter's Insurance as well.

PIN/ID
    pm 4 pin

Quote Originally Posted by wrtgirl
    Since I run a small writing business out of my home, my various laptops and electronics are all covered under my business insurance. I'll have to add the Blackberry to that once it arrives, I guess.
    If I didn't have the home business, we would have gotten an "electronics rider" on our homeowner's insurance that would have covered the laptops and such, even if they were stolen out of my car or left in a hotel room. (We recently changed insurance, which is why I'm actually aware of all this.)
    The rider doesn't cost much (either for home or for my business), so that's definitely an option for those who can do it. I assume you could add that sort of thing to Renter's Insurance as well.
    Good info! I will have to look at that with my homeonwers insurance!

officer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244a6afa

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~just came from the local TMo shop and the clerk told me most retail locations will have the 8700 by April 15. Suggested retail is $399.99

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast