Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

So we know Cingular in the US will have the exclusive launch of the new ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Other Carriers and the 8700

Advertisement

So we know Cingular in the US will have the exclusive launch of the new 8700c. For those of us NOT on Cingular and NOT willing to switch providers to snatch the new RIM offering up, what's in store for us?

I've been trying to get info from other providers and most are pretty tight lipped.

Verizon - When asked specifically about the new 8700 model, our business rep answered. "Verizon will be offering the smaller 7100 series later this year." But what about the 8700? "I don't have any information on that model."

T-Mobile - I should hear back from tmo today. There's nothing online and most store reps don't know a release date. We'll see what the official response from my rep is.

Please post if you've asked your carrier whn they're planning to release the new 8700.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Other Carriers and the 8700

Tim (twheeler), as you obviously already know... We've obtained 'drawings' of the 8700g.

For the rest... It features slight design and color changes to the exterior. The dimensions, screen size and specifics although subject to change, should remain the same. It wouldn't be in good taste to post the imagery of the 8700g. From being on the live Webcast launch of the 8700c it's obvious to me that it's in RIM's best interest to handle all full product launches. All we can assure you of is that you WON'T be disappointed with the next 8700 series!

The difference between the 8700c and the 8700g remind me of the subtle difference between the various 7100 models. Although, I must say, apart from the color I prefer the design of the 8700c and hope that RIM decides to release all future 8700 models with that design. It has that evolved look... where you can see some of the 7200 and 7100 in it. Having options can be good but if changing a your Carrier isn't feasible sometimes it's painful to have a say T-mobile's 7100t when you prefer the design of Cingular's 7100g. I think the professional uniform line of full QWERTY 7200's, 7500's and 7700s should continue with the 8700 series lineup.

PIN/ID
    23E261CF

That's good info.

The 8700 with the "G" distiction may be a Rodgers designed device?

Clearly the 8700 is the best of the 71xx and 7xxx series devices in one.

nutsnbolts no está en línea Stack Mod

I'm looking forward to seeing what Nextel will have to offer. With their Direct Connect feature, the design is obviously going to be a bit different from the other models...hopefully incorporating DC ability. Of course, with that always comes with more bulk.

Regardless, Nextel has always been an outstanding carrier for me. The prices though is not something to be cherished.
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Got Stacked? Then Join Stack Groups today, coming 24-July-06!

drgoodtymes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

The best I have heard from my Contact at RIM is, if t-mobile decides to pick it up, it would be after the cingular period expires then they would have a chance to get it, so maybe early spring 06

SpiceMan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Has anyone heard when Verizon is likely to launch their 8700 model? A co-worker got a look at one during a BB Seminar a few weeks ago, but as we all know, the carriers are pretty tight-lipped about these things. Frankly, I've learned more from the community here than from those who are supposedly "in the know."

PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Still no word from Verizon or T-mobile on the 8700.

I think t-mobile might be next in line for the 8700, but it could be March or April before anything is available.

Verizon is just NOW launching a 7100 series so I think an 8700 may be a good ways away.

Mike6900 no está en línea Stack level 1

I see this very simple if will not sell it out on the market, so what Nokia is coming with a hot toy on the market, so I'll go for this one then.
    7290 - Pocket Mac - Mac Powerbook 17" -

SpiceMan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Just wondering if anyone's got an update on the 8700 for Verizon. I see that they're showing the Treo 700 as a "coming soon" model, but everyone I speak with is still being very tight-lipped about the 8700. Any news would be appreciated. Thanks.

zugga no está en línea Stack level 3

might be a couple of months before the uk market sees a 8700 as both o2 and vodafone uk are pushing they own e-mail solutions and handsets :cry:
    who really wants a i-mode handset anyway or a handset with BlackBerry Connect software when you can just have the real thing:Mad:

Quote Originally Posted by zugga
    might be a couple of months before the uk market sees a 8700 as both o2 and vodafone uk are pushing they own e-mail solutions and handsets :cry:
    who really wants a i-mode handset anyway or a handset with BlackBerry Connect software when you can just have the real thing:Mad:
    i take wut i said back - o2 are testing the 8700 and looks like we could have a o2 8700 bb mid Q1 2006 wicked stuff my prayers where answered

mafoe no está en línea Stack level 1

may be there will be a UMTS 3G device with VodaFone Germany in Q2 2006.

Hopefully.

Cheers

word on the street is that T-mobile uk & o2 uk are the only two networks to pick up the 8700 and could be available mid feb

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Any word on Tmobile and the 8700?? If I know its coming soon I might be able to wait.....

Malfo no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by zugga
    word on the street is that T-mobile uk & o2 uk are the only two networks to pick up the 8700 and could be available mid feb
    Hopefully they'll have the US version out soon after.
    http://www.malfo.com

BB Pin: 203A953C ------------------Skype/AIM:MigAlfonseca

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast