Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ANyone know why it is taking so long for us to get the new software, ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tsconver no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C20CAA

OS 4.2 and 8703e

Advertisement

ANyone know why it is taking so long for us to get the new software, I just bought this phone and new apps are requiring OS 4.2 and I am getting left behind. One of these days I will learn Verizon's crap ploys I guess.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: OS 4.2 and 8703e

nope, but soon.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You'd have to ask Verizon. It's up to the carrier to release the OS update after they get it from RIM.

jowe11 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32b8fe98

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ well, also, why is it taking so long for ALL of the CDMA carriers! Not just VZW, but what about others? I wouldn't mind flashing my VZW 8703e with another English CDMA 8700 series software...

rnw5252 no está en línea Stack level 1

If you go to VerizonWireless.com, log into your account, and look for "My Phone," you should see a hyperlink titled "Phone/device support." Clich here. Under the "Blackberry" section, you should see "Download Software." Click here. From here you should see how to select the OS 4.2 and download it to your computer. Have you tried this?

stinky no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by rnw5252
    If you go to VerizonWireless.com, log into your account, and look for "My Phone," you should see a hyperlink titled "Phone/device support." Clich here. Under the "Blackberry" section, you should see "Download Software." Click here. From here you should see how to select the OS 4.2 and download it to your computer. Have you tried this?
    The OS (device) software for the 8703e is still 4.1. The desktop software, on the other hand, is 4.2. The 4.2 OS from Verizon is only available on the 8830.

rnw5252 no está en línea Stack level 1

my bad - i realized my error about 30 minutes after i posted that.

Nedzalife no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204FB1CA

I agree. I look after 45x 8703e's that are in circulation with the company I work for. We're stuck with our CMDA carrier due to special contract pricing we've been able to obtain with the carrier. A lot of the apps I'd like to outfit my guys with require 4.2, and there are no 8703e 4.2 OS's to be found anywhere. I wouldn't even mind taking the time to test one from another carrier. I'm thinkin this is a RIM issue?

tj_333 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4c67fd2a

Quote Originally Posted by Nedzalife
    I agree. I look after 45x 8703e's that are in circulation with the company I work for. We're stuck with our CMDA carrier due to special contract pricing we've been able to obtain with the carrier. A lot of the apps I'd like to outfit my guys with require 4.2, and there are no 8703e 4.2 OS's to be found anywhere. I wouldn't even mind taking the time to test one from another carrier. I'm thinkin this is a RIM issue?
    Supposedly, it is a carrier issue. My understanding is that the carriers (Sprint, Verizon) have the 4.2 OS and are testing it and can release it once they feel comfortable supporting it.

When that's going to happen is anyone's guess...

mrmoto no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CA582C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i not so sure its any of the phone companys holding it up. We were told thru alltel it was to come out in June, however that dead line has long since passed. I am guessing its not to far behind, cause alltel is to be getting the 8830 by the end of aug.

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i spoke to bb sprint tech, he told me that version 4.2 is in play in the tech department and it will be out withing 2 months, they getting bugs out. About verizon I have no idea, but sprint is going to release it very soon, he also said that sprint and rim are working together to release it very soon.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

I actually think I'm going to be one of the ones who sits back and waits for some reviews when it's released. I've heard reports of some lagging and such. So, not sure I want to turd up a perfectly working device.

Swede no está en línea Stack level 3

Yall call me when it comes out!!!
    Swede

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that is the problem, the slow speed of new version, and that's why sprint is not releasing new version.the tech told me to keep checking the bb website, and that I should get email from sprint when the new version is ready.

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

verizon steps to release

1. get 4.2 OS from RIM - Check
    2. cripple functionality till its not worth it - Working on it
    3. release to public -
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast