Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all, new here. Trying to get an 8700f Blackberry from Orange UK is like ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Puzzler no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24FD8BE3

Orange Blackberry

Advertisement

Hi all, new here.
    Trying to get an 8700f Blackberry from Orange UK is like trying to get blood from a stone!
    I have a business account and when through to sales they say the only way to buy is at an Orange Business shop! There isn't an awful lot of those about and my local one has no stock and not sure when/if any are due in!
    How have other Orange users got there's?
    Can't go the T-Mobile route as can't get any service within a mile of ny office/house.
    Thanks in advance
    Martin

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Orange Blackberry

Puzzler, Welcome to PinStack. I'm sorry you can't get the 8700f from Orange. You might try calling aroung to other Business shops and see if you can't find one that is willing to sell and ship to you.

If you're willing to pay full price, just buy it from Tmo and have it unlocked. If Orange supports the 8700, it should not have any problems.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

anthony no está en línea Stack level 3

The nearest Orange centre to me is at Bluewater, Kent (01322 623600). Otherwise Ebay may be an option.

PIN/ID
    24FD8BE3

Thanks guys,
    Think I'll keep harrassing my local Business shop for a while, see how that goes. Just seems crazy to me, why offer the product but make it sooo difflecult for anyone to actually buy one.
    If there are any other Orange BB users are out there, let me know how you managed it!
    Martin

tmonoober no está en línea Stack level 2

i have never heard of that puzzler, that seems wierd, a seperate shop for business accounts? ridicilous

PIN/ID
    24FD8BE3

Quote Originally Posted by tmonoober
    i have never heard of that puzzler, that seems wierd, a seperate shop for business accounts? ridicilous
    Yep very strange setup. A few of there shops have a 'Business Manager' or something similar working in the shop and it's only at these branches that you can buy a Blackberry!
    If I wanted twenty odd devices all using BES im sure there'd be an easier way, but for a single user they don't make it easy and you have to go through the shop to get one.

PIN/ID
    24FD8BE3

UPDATE.....
    Rang my local Orange Business shop today and they had got a couple in this morning.
    Just went and picked it up and it's now being charged. So at last I managed to get one from Orange and undoubtably I'll be around here lots asking stupid questions!
    Cheers all
    Martin

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Thats very weird how they run that over there..... seems like a waist of time, space and manpower.
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

webcash no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2523669d

Orange are bloody strange with all their devices but oparticularly business devices.Orange have a system for everything and basically if you dont fit into that little box category then you cant do it.There is no flexibility nor change one size fits all

Peter

PIN/ID
    24FD8BE3

Yes they do have an odd setup.
    The salesperson said that next month Orange are bringing out all new data tariffs that should be more competitve with the likes of T-Mobile.
    For instance, my Orange is Ł16 per month for 25mb, whereas T-Mobile is Ł10 for 50mb, quite a difference.
    Martin

CAPONE no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    300C099E

Good luck with your new BB.

PIN/ID
    24FD8BE3

UPDATE.....
    5 days have past since collecting my BB, and Orange due to 'Technical Problems', have still not updated the sim card, so i've not been able to use it yet.
    It's just sitting there looking at me!
    My patience is wearing thin!!!

bk1
    bk1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Feeling your pain my condolences and symapathy...

PIN/ID
    24FD8BE3

Well after 8 long days I've finally got my BB up and running!!
    Having rang customer services 4 times previously always getting the same response, I tried for the fifth time this morning only for the very helpful young lady to say "don't know about any problems, I'll sort it out for you now"! One hour later, a couple of sim updates and everything was up and running.
    What a joke, if i hadn't rang and just waited, it could have been weeks. Its worth trying customer services a few times until you get the right person.
    Also, Orange have there own Orange world browser which you can't seem to change, is that right??

robday no está en línea Stack level 1

got my 8700f from local store. Everything synced perfectly 1st time using pocketmac free software. That's where the good new ends. after the by now usual 60 minutes of B********g around waiting for Orange to answer the phone/ connect me to the right person, they have established that "I'm on the wrong blackberry tariff" which explains why I can't download any software. Anyone else had this? e.g error 502 gateway access denied messages?

May the power of the forum answer my prayers!

cheers

Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast