Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wes, I agree that the opera is kinda cumbersome to use, hopefully the next version ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: opera mini download help

Advertisement

Wes, I agree that the opera is kinda cumbersome to use, hopefully the next version will be better!

jamesgraylx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203f5731

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jamesgraylx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203f5731
    Opera mini worked awesome on my cell phone but on my 8700r its slow and loads of downloads won't work. It actually says 'use another browser'

Is there another browser - how's minuit?

r3nb72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    202a1a6f

Hi James. Welcome to pinstack! Are you sure you have the right version of opera installed? I have it on a 7290 and it works fine. It should be nice and fast with the the 8700.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by BRockNYLA
    i was also finally able to download it OTA last night. it works well I suppose, but I have not to determine how it is better than the bb browser. I actually find the bb browser more intuitive.
    Some sites are MUCH better in the Opera browser. Hotmail for example is one. It takes a little more to learn Opera, I think the BB browser is somewhat 'dummied down' for lack of a better phrase. I think you'll find if you play with Opera Mini that it will grow on you. IMHO
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I was one of the beta testers of Opera for Blackberry. For some reason it works well on some Blackberrys and not on others.
    For example, on my 8700g it works great. On my buddys 8700g, it gives him fits and I think he finally got rid of it.
    Why it works for one and not another, I have no idea. But in my opinion, its a must have app. I use mine all the time.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by johnj41
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I was one of the beta testers of Opera for Blackberry. For some reason it works well on some Blackberrys and not on others.
    For example, on my 8700g it works great. On my buddys 8700g, it gives him fits and I think he finally got rid of it.
    Why it works for one and not another, I have no idea. But in my opinion, its a must have app. I use mine all the time.
    Thanks for your hard work on the project. I love the app
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

r3nb72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    202a1a6f

Quote Originally Posted by TechieGirl
    Thanks for your hard work on the project. I love the app
    Yeh, i cant imagine my day without Opera Mini :-)

lonewolf88 no está en línea Stack level 1

i can't even get online with my opera mini
    it said that i don't have a connection or something

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~If you need help with opera mini, let me know. I'll try and help you out.

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

When pages load, I Opera Mini is very nice. However, I find that when attempting to find URL's or links of any kind Opera will freeze. I must then press (enter,) press (enter) again to clear a connection error message, and finally click the link one more time. After all of this the page usually loads up immediately.

Has anyone been able to overcome this problem?

Also, when entering text into password fields I find it aggravating that Opera wants to capitalize the first letter.

-Bob

alexpataffio no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DAC7B6

Hey Bob,

I have been having the same problems and I am definitely interested to find out exactly why it does it. I mean, I don't use it that often, usually just for MySpace. Other than that, I use the built in browser for everything else. However, it would be nice to not have to press enter twice to three times every time you want to load a new page. Today the damn thing was being so obstinant it would not load ANYTHING at all. I checked the EDGE coverage and service coverage and it was to the MAX! No reason whatsoever for this to happen. This was going on for at least 15 minutes (would not load). Someone please hook us up with some info!!! =)

Quote Originally Posted by mistadobolin
    When pages load, I Opera Mini is very nice. However, I find that when attempting to find URL's or links of any kind Opera will freeze. I must then press (enter,) press (enter) again to clear a connection error message, and finally click the link one more time. After all of this the page usually loads up immediately.

Has anyone been able to overcome this problem?

Also, when entering text into password fields I find it aggravating that Opera wants to capitalize the first letter.

-Bob

Opera is not a true Browser in the sense that our Blackberry browser is. Opera has a dedicated server that actually does the work. What happens is when you execute a command, the app sends that command to the opers server, it in turns finds the pages, reformats them and delivers them back to the app on your handheld.

And I also have been having problems with it lately. I feel they may have a problew with the server. Or they may be doing upgrades.

alexpataffio no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DAC7B6

Ah, yes, that makes much more sense. If the page is being rerouted through a different server, then I can totally understand how it can lag the way it does. I guess we just have to deal with it if we want to be able to see certain sites, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by johnj41
    Opera is not a true Browser in the sense that our Blackberry browser is. Opera has a dedicated server that actually does the work. What happens is when you execute a command, the app sends that command to the opers server, it in turns finds the pages, reformats them and delivers them back to the app on your handheld.

And I also have been having problems with it lately. I feel they may have a problew with the server. Or they may be doing upgrades.

I still think they are having issues with there server. Mine has been lagging or just flat out freezing. So those of you having problems, I'd would just say be patient and see if it clears up. Sorry I don't have a better fix for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast