I have cingular, and I downloaded opera mini but it won't work... It says "no ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tomo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2039D898

opera mini

Advertisement

I have cingular, and I downloaded opera mini but it won't work... It says "no network connection found". What does that mean? I have the full data plan for my bb... Does opera not work with the 8700 or cingular???

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: opera mini

It hardly works with any of the carriers. Check out this thread http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ght=Opera+Mini

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Just a Heads up the new opera mini 2.0 is tons better it does not slwo your BB to a snail.. it asctually loads wep pages fast .. and the app opens in seconds as apposed to minutes.. and ye it works on most carriers you jsut need to llearn to configure it correctly.. i have set it up on tmobile cingular and a few other gsm providers
    Welcome to my World!

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

BTW when i had opera mini 1.2 the last version it downloaded at like 1k per minute lol thsi one actually gets edge like speeds
    Welcome to my World!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

The new opera is better, but moving through it is a bit of a bear. Unlike on the BB Browser where you type right in a box opera makes you open another page and enter in your text there. It needs to be a more user friendly interface.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    The new opera is better, but moving through it is a bit of a bear. Unlike on the BB Browser where you type right in a box opera makes you open another page and enter in your text there. It needs to be a more user friendly interface.
    That's true!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Of course as far as set up goes. Mine just worked. Maybe you have to have the TCP set up... anyone know?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

Go to:
    Options ->Advanced Options -> TCP

APN: wap.cingular
    Username for APN: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password for APN: CINGULAR1

That should work. If not, call cingular customer service and tell them to add wap.cingular access to your BB account. Once they do that you are a go!! Let me know if you need anything else.

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

WOW, my work sites load a better with Opera! Think I'm gonna stick with this.

tomo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2039D898

Thanks for the replies folks! I did the tcp thing already, so I'll call cingular... Thanks for the help...