Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've looked at both so far and read reviews. I like the BB but i ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

allday no está en línea Stack level 1

WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE BB 8703e vs TREO 700p

Advertisement

I've looked at both so far and read reviews. I like the BB but i do not like the size of it. I've never owned a PDA phone before. Also i want a phone first and phone more for browsing on the net easily. I also want to be able to use AIM instant messanger frequently. Whats your thoughts?

lmc0434 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B09322

Re: WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE BB 8703e vs TREO 700p

I love my 8703 better than the treo. when i had my treo for work it constantly froze and crashed i had to reboot it at least 2 times a day. the 8703 is really great sturdy phone and i use IM+ for IM, it allows me to IM with all the IM services. Yeah its got a larger form factor but not too bad

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi allday, welcome to pinstack. Have you looked at the 7130e, you may like the size of that BB. If you have to choose between the Treo700p and the 8703e, then I would go with the 8703e, definitely.

Cool do i have to download those IM+ or does AIM come on it automatically? One reason i may push for the BB is because of the keypad only thing thats urking me is the width. Maybe i'll wait for a smaller blackberry on verizon whenever that comes. Also i fiending for a new phone cause my contract is done 10/24/06. So its sort of a toss up. I'm not a heavy email user but i do want to be able to surf the internet. And have access to email when its necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Hi allday, welcome to pinstack. Have you looked at the 7130e, you may like the size of that BB. If you have to choose between the Treo700p and the 8703e, then I would go with the 8703e, definitely.
    Thanks i have looked at the 7130 but that keyboard has got to go for me. I'm stubborn i only want a qwerty keyboard.

anyone have any inside info on whether verizon will introduce a new BB within the now and January.

jaymojones no está en línea Stack level 2

Well coming from a 700p, I can give you very good info . I have had the treo 650, 700w, and 700p. Now while the 700p is a very nice phone, I like the blackberry 8703e MUCH better. True, the BB does not have touchscreen, nor a camera, but the the BB does not crash, freeze and/or reset. I went through four 700w's and 2 700 p's. I actually liked my treo 700p (which I have now given to my fiancee and she has been complaining lately of it freezing and that was the new one that I received), but I love the BB much better. It really comes down to reliability and preference. The treo fits my fiancee perfectly. If you are one who downloads stuff, expect to experience crashes, freezes and/or resets. I haven't had one crash or reset with the BB.

As far as IM.....They have yahoo IM for the BB on blackberry's site and it is very stable and on constantly (even when on the phone) on the treo, when a phone calls comes in, it will disconnect and try to reconnect once the call is over. As far as AIM, get google talk! I can't stress that enough. If you search the forum you will find a post on best AIM IM and it will walk you through it. Matter of fact, I'll find the link and post it for you. But with GT, you can configure, AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and google and have all of your IM's in one AND for free!!!!! I love it and it is always on and has been very reliable.

thats good i agree i hear that a lot about crashes on 700p. I doubt i'll be downloading much. I'm a fairly simple person when it comes to a whole bunch of features. I actually do not use any other Instant messanger so any other besides AIM is out of the question being that all my contacts are only on AIM. Even on thr treo websites people complain and mention that blackberrys run well. They just lose in terms of the huge size. A treo sized qwerty Blackberry on Verizon would have been ideal.

does the 8703 e have voice dial i'm not sure i did not see anyfeature showing it does? To any of you guys who have the 8703e on verizon.

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

i put the 700 up against my 8703 and the size difference is really not an issue. the blackberry is a little wider, but the treo is taller. the blackberry feels lighter to me too.
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Presumably you are asking the same questions on a Treo forum.And getting diametrically opposed answers. (If not then you have probably got your answer). We all know the right answer here, but do you?

jaymojones no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~No, it does not have voice dialing

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

I have them both. The treo 700p in my opinion always "gets stuck". I have to constantly reset mine and the mail function in terrible. My 700p is now a paper weight :-) There is no comparision if you truly want to receive your email in a timely manner,
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

I forgot to mention I have Verizon and am loving my 8703e.
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by allday
    Thanks i have looked at the 7130 but that keyboard has got to go for me. I'm stubborn i only want a qwerty keyboard.
    The problem is that small form factor and full qwerty means really tiny keys. People already complain about the 8700 series keyboards being cramped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast