I've been searching for a way to stream video(from youtube or any other website) or ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Gairith no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay, I just need an answer

Advertisement

I've been searching for a way to stream video(from youtube or any other website) or audio on my 8700g, but obviously it doesn't seem to be possible.

Since 4.5 came out, I got to play with a media player, and other new features... however, I can't even view html email, even when the option is selected to do so, let alone stream any video.

I just want to know, why? It's hard to believe there's a hardware limitation. And why are there no third party apps that allow you to stream video or audio from the internet? how did the 8100 and up recieve this capability with the update, and not the 8700? What's holding the 8700 back?

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Have you re-sent service books and done a batt pull since upgrading?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I havn't done a battery pull.

But is the 8700 capable...?

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    I'm not sure about the 8700, but I stream YouTube videos, and also internet radio using moodio.fm, on my Curve 8320.
    www.ATLEASTZERO.com -~- my WebComic
    PIN: 2420565A -~- T-Mo 8320 4.5.0.52

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I can do those also on my Curve. I suggested the service books and battery pull because those features wouldn't work after the 4.5 upgrade until I did those. So try the mighty battery pull lol and let us know. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    Try this Blueapple.mobi I just upgraded my os aswell on my 8830. Before id done so, i used this site to view vids. It has alot of youtube vids avaliable already formatted for the bb. Sorry, click ink from bb.
    Last edited by kreesedup; 09-27-2008 at 02:38 PM.
    "This life almost didn't happen"

No good. Pulling the battery didn't do much. I still don't get html email either.

aingaran no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't know if the issue is resolved re: html email.

Did you go into your inbox and go to options, email settings and "Enable HTML email" is set to YES?