my phone keeps. cuttin off on me..i have realised.. that when the battery goes done ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

trinidude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3102A66F

ok a problem.. 8700g (trippin off)

Advertisement

my phone keeps. cuttin off on me..i have realised.. that when the battery goes done to say 50% it jus trips off.. but it never happend b4.. and a simple press the power button on top doesnt work to restart... i have to do a complete battery pull .. .. any ideas on what the problem could be?? oh.. and when i put the battery in it starts showin the battery like veryy low....but if the battery was dyin .. wont it say that instead of trippin off?

PIN/ID
    3102A66F
    down.. not done

(line1)

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    have you downloaded anything new to your phone? that might be the problem

PIN/ID
    3102A66F
    i havent downloaded anything new untill yesterday... but gettin the problem.. like since last week... but thanks tho..

rathe no está en línea Stack level 1
    How old is the phone/battery?? It might be that the battery is failing. I have seen laptops that will go to 100% charge and start to discharge normally and then once they hit 80% they drop to 2% and shut down. Could be the same behavior.

PIN/ID
    3102A66F
    Its about a year and something old.. Oh well gotta buy a new battery lol thanks !

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

daveyboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~was going to mention the battery also. Have you tried fully draining the battery and then charging it to its fullest?

PIN/ID
    3102A66F
    Um no I haven't tried draining it completely becuz usually it blanks off and like yesterday it cut off and didn't wanna come back on until a couple mins.. But the battery could be fully charged then cuts off at 50% .. When won't come back on unless.a battery pull.

So could it really be the battery? I was wondering if I wipe the handheld if everything would work back to normal.. But then I realise it could really be the battery cuz if I leave it plugged in to the charger it works fine..
    Argghhh lol
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~