Hey guys, Im the proud owner of a new 8707g and im loving it so ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Fooy no está en línea Stack level 1

nOObie here with a question

Advertisement

Hey guys,
    Im the proud owner of a new 8707g and im loving it so far (still lots to learn).
    My questions is about the file transfering, I did alot of surfing around and thought I had it sorted, I upgraded my Manger to 4.2.1 and I get the new transfer icons on my desk top that I didnt have on the 4.1 version.

But, when I go to transfer files, ie. pictures, tones.. I get an error message saying that my Device needs to be upgraded to 4.2 or higher (I assume thats my handset), it is currently running 4.1.0.378 and I noticed that on my carriers website they only have a version 4.1.0.379 ... I guess that the 4.2.1 is really for the pearl BB's but I was wondering if there was a fix to this?

P.S. not urgent, more curious, as im just email files to myself at the moment.

Cheers.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: nOObie here with a question

hey fooy - check out this thread

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...nally_out.html

welcome to the stacks

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

welcome to stack!

Fooy no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks guys,.

I just downloaded that 4.2.1 for the handset from the Telefonic site.
    I decided to remove the 4.2.1 desktop and then do a full install afresh, with the new file.
    I followed the instructions on deleted the vendor.xlm file loaded desktop manager, connected BB and it did a littel upload i think. I then went into Media Manager and I received the same error.. that my handset wasnt 4.2 or higher.
    Checked BB in "about" and its still says v4.1.0.378 ..
    I must be misssing a step that actually uploaded the new v to my BB handset.. do i need to push this in some way?

Cheers.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

An 8707 is not an 8700 (8707 != 8700) so you can't load the 8700 OS. You can try copying the handheld files from the 8700 OS upgrade into the folders for your 8707 OS but there's definitely a chance that it won't work.