hey guys this is my first post so im goin to do my best....ok well ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

suspence no está en línea Stack level 1

Question noob question on sms for 8700c

Advertisement

hey guys this is my first post so im goin to do my best....ok well i just got my first bb and its a 8700c and i love it so far...except the fact that i have no way of responding nor composing a sms message. i can recieve them no problem but cannot reply or respond. i have tried the shortcuts and they dont work...any suggestions guys? thanks

hf1khal no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: noob question on sms for 8700c

There are 2 things that I can think of right now, one is that your SMS has not been provisioned properly or if you recently ported or changed services it could take a bit of time to get working. I highly advise you to call them and see if it is properly done.

i did some more research and i think that it could be the IT policy because i bought it used. is there anyway to fix this like a complete "restart" or something?

thanks for the response hf1khal

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~If it is an IT policy preventing it then you'll have to contact your BES manager. Can't imagine why they'd block SMS unless they are footing the bill.

jamkilm3 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you are on a bes server many companys are now blocking sms. If they are paying for your bill contact IT and see if you can get it unblocked. If you are paying the bill or have access to the account with cingular call in to make sure you have either text pay per use or a package if you are doing the pay per use it it .10 per message they are seperate from the blackberry plan. By the way welcome to pinstack

thanks guys for the responses!

but the thing is that i bought it from somone. i dont know who the company was that had the bes server or anything. i pay my own bill through cingular so would cingular be able to fix it back to normal?

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

A BES policy remains with the device even if the device is disengaged from the BES - unless it was explicitly removed prior. You would need to connect to a policy-free BES in order for the policies to be removed.

Cingular may be able to assist. Note to those folks thinking now that your carrier can get you around BES policies - not so. Only if you are no longer on the specific BES can this be accomplished. Otherwise any policies hacked around are simply sent back to you when the BES detects the hack.
    PIN: 303150C7