Don't know if this has been covered but I thought it was a bit weird ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

mrbibidy no está en línea Stack level 2

No wireless throughput after low batt auto off

Advertisement

Don't know if this has been covered but I thought it was a bit weird so I thought I'd post it. Ok so you know that really annoying but supposedly helpful 'feature' that shuts off the wireless radio if your battery falls too low? Well, today I experienced one of its not so polite personalities. I attempted to turn the radio back on (after a full recharge, because the flippin thing kept yelling at me about the battery being too flat after it had already been plugged in) and at first it refused to go on. Time for a restart. Still didn't come up but eventually it decided to listen to me and turn on. I thought all was good except I couldn't send any e-mails and it reported only being on GPRS (in a 3G area). My phone didn't ring or receive any messages or e-mail all day which didn't surprise me as I wasn't expecting any. I finally got so frustrated with not sending e-mail that I did a battery pull. Once it came back up what do ya know. All of a sudden I am back in a 3G area and all the flippin e-mail I got on my computer today poured onto my berry as well as SMSs (including a party invite). Well I hope this helps someone they next time their BB falls strangely silent after a low battery radio shut off.
    PS - I'm on a BB 8707g running 4.1.0.347. Trying to upgrade the os.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: No wireless throughput after low batt auto off

Pulling the battery cures many ills.

mrbibidy no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: No wireless throughput after low batt auto off

finding this out, wishing it would cure the IOException protocol: null error everytime i try to log into an im client