On a Sprint 8703e, I do not get any ring or vibe after receiving a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Need no está en línea Stack level 2

No ring/alert for new bb instant message?

Advertisement

On a Sprint 8703e, I do not get any ring or vibe after receiving a new instant bb message. I tried changing the profile and set everything to vibrate and tone. I get the screen notification but no ring/vibe/led. I even tried to pull the battery out for 30 seconds. Anyone got any idea? Thanks!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    First thing, did you edit the current profile, and did you make sure there was a sound set, it was not on vibe, and it wasnt set to mute?

Every sound in the current profile (normal) were set to tone + vibration with a volume (not mute). I have no problem with it on my 7130e, but the 8703e just could not get any notification other than the little yellow chat bubble on the top left of the main screen. They both got the same version of firmware too.

The only different other than the model is that the 7130e is running the downloaded Zen theme and the 8703e is running the dimension icon theme came with the phone.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ When you take the battery out for 30 seconds are you holding the power button down the whole time? Try that...

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~did u know that it viberate twice first and then it will ring? It does not vibe and ring at the same time.

Tried the holding down power button thing, still didn't work. Yes I know it vibrates first and then ring. The problem is it doesn't even vibrate. I know both the vibrate and tone works because it will do it when there is phone call or a new PIN message arrives. Also it will vibrate if I receive a PING in the bb messenger conversation.

The only thing I could think of now is that I read that you could set your alert to only alert level 1 message? Maybe because somehow this was set in the 8703e and new messenger messages are not level 1? I cannot find where to unset this though?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Do you have two options in your profile settings for Messenger - Alerts and Messenger - New Message? If not you may have to reload BB Messenger. Or at least resend the service Books.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Deleted and reloaded BB Messenger, still no tone or vibrate on new bb message. Everyone options in the current profile are set to vibe + tone with non-mute volume with an audiable ringtone.

raysan11 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204dea3d

Email

I have the same issue bit mine is with email messages. My 8700 will not play or vibrate in or out of the holster when it recieves an email. Any ideas please

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    raysan11, Welcome to PinStack.

Are you sure your using the correct profile? If not I don't know what to say except call your Carrier and see what they say. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles