I have had my 8703e (verizon) for about a week now, and have never seen ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jaymojones no está en línea Stack level 2

No EV Sign on 8703e

Advertisement

I have had my 8703e (verizon) for about a week now, and have never seen the EV sign. It always displays 1X, but the speeds seem to be EV speeds. I am coming from a treo 700p and the speeds seem the same. Does anyone else have his problem?

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f260fb

Re: No EV Sign on 8703e

Quote Originally Posted by jaymojones
    I have had my 8703e (verizon) for about a week now, and have never seen the EV sign. It always displays 1X, but the speeds seem to be EV speeds. I am coming from a treo 700p and the speeds seem the same. Does anyone else have his problem?
    I haven't seen it on mine, though as I travel in and out of good EVDO coverage areas, the EV will come on and off.

Which brings up the silly question: Where are you located, and do you know that you have good EVDO coverage in your area?

I am located in the Springfield, VA area and I work in DC, downtown. When I had my 700p, I always had a constant EVDO connection. The BB is not slow when I'm on the net, nor am I complaining. I just have never seen the EVDO sign, since the store set it up for me. I just thought that was really weird.

PIN/ID
    23f260fb

I was wondering if maybe I was imagining things (I get to play with lots of different devices, so I was starting to think that maybe I'd confused the 8703e with something else), but I just checked and it does say "1XEV" here where I have good coverage.

Keep in mind that even 1XRTT isn't all that slow (well, not unusably slow) especially if you're just pulling down plain text. Still, seems like you should be getting the EV indicator.

Well, guess I can't add much here, but I am curious and will keep an eye on this thread, I'm curious to find out what the story is.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jaymojones, Welcome to PinStack.

Can't help with EVDO indicator. But let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

periopnurse no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Check with Verizon tech support to be sure your account is set up correctly. I had problems accessing the network and found out that the store where I purchased it didn't set it up correctly.After the changes were made, all has been fine.

bmedude no está en línea Stack level 2

make sure you have the EVDO access option on your account.

pspiegel no está en línea Stack level 2

try *22899... it should be there...

if that doesnt work, do a battery pull, sometimes that triggers it

otherwise call verizon, you should have it reading 1XEV (not just EV alone)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I appreciate everyone's advice and help! I called VZW and they took care of it. They said that it was something missing on their end. But it is working and on now!

PIN/ID
    23f260fb

So if you thought it was fast before ...

Glad you got it straightened out.

riffs no está en línea Stack level 1

You need to provision it. options, network, click wheel, start provisioning. Took me a day to find someone at Sprint to tell me this.

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

Ok I have a 7250 and I only see 1X displayed as well. I have no EV coverage ever and neither does my mother who is rockin' an 8703e. The thing is, neither of us use a BB data plan. I talked to some individual at Vzw who had some knowledge about this. Basically, there are settings on your account that need to be made for your device to support EVDO. Bottom line, if you have an EVDO capable device, and you never see 1XEV, then you need to call up Vzw and tell them to fix it cause there is something wrong on their end of the deal.

db869 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by BCoop8184
    Ok I have a 7250 and I only see 1X displayed as well. I have no EV coverage ever and neither does my mother who is rockin' an 8703e. The thing is, neither of us use a BB data plan. I talked to some individual at Vzw who had some knowledge about this. Basically, there are settings on your account that need to be made for your device to support EVDO. Bottom line, if you have an EVDO capable device, and you never see 1XEV, then you need to call up Vzw and tell them to fix it cause there is something wrong on their end of the deal.
    You will only see 1XEV if you have a data plan. Without a data plan you will only see 1X and probably "Data Connection Refused." Also, on the 7250 you need to upgrade to OS version 4.1 to be able to use 1XEV.

Dave

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

Has anyone used the "*22899" on Vzw? does it work?