hi all, i've just installed 4.2 and all is working fine apart from i'm getting ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

thedog no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    gu

no e-mail notification.......

Advertisement

hi all, i've just installed 4.2 and all is working fine apart from i'm getting no tone/vibration/ light flashing notification when an e-mail arrives, i've checked all the profile settings which are ok and all other notifications , sms, calls etc are fine, its just e-mail. any ideas????

PIN/ID
    gu

Re: no e-mail notification.......

problem solved!had to get vodafone to re-send settings.....

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Were you not getting notified or not getting email at all? I just don't understand how your service books would affect your alerts.

PIN/ID
    gu

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i was getting mail, but no notification, after discovering I couldn't send mail either I re-sent the service book which cured both problems.

Domsa01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, I am also having this problem with E-mail notification. Although I can send & recieve e-mails there is no notification. It started when I recieved a new Blackberry 8100 from vodafone as the trackball didn't work.
    I telephoned Vodaphone as we have a support contract with them at work. I was advised many things to try but none of them have worked. e.g.
    [FONT=Arial]Could you try a hard re-boot with the handset (whilst the handset is switched on) remove the back & the battery, let it power down by itself, & then put the battery back in & switch on.

If that doesn't work - try manually roaming the handset.
    Press the Menu Key > Scroll to Settings. Press in the Scroll key > Scroll to Network. Press in the Scroll key > Scroll to Network selection Mode. Press in the Scroll key > Scroll to Manual. Press in the Scroll key > Scroll to Scan for Available networks. Press in the Scroll key > Scroll to the desired network (choose something other than Vodafone - it may error, i.e SOS calls only) Press in the Scroll key > Scroll to Select Networks. Press in the Scroll key > Scroll to Ok. Press in the Scroll key.
    Once you have done this, go back it & switch the network selection back to Automatic.

Also tried resending the service book as stated by the dog but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Domsa01; 08-21-2007 at 08:36 AM.

Domsa01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Sorted it now, had a corrupted back-up file. Had to wipe the handheld and start from scratch.