hi everyone. i just got my very first blackberry today. i'm really excited about it ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

litoooo no está en línea Stack level 1

no browser :(

Advertisement

hi everyone. i just got my very first blackberry today. i'm really excited about it but while i was messing around with it today i noticed that it doesnt have any browser icons. i don't have any blackberry data plans just a normal media net plan and i was wondering if i don't have a browser because of that? i'd appreciate any help. thanks.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: no browser :(

you still should have a browser icon. change different themes and see if it pops up. menu. show all and click it. see if you see it pop up.

i tried changing to all the different themes and did the show all but still no browser. thanks for your reply.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Assuming you have a BlackBerry Data Plan (you're not getting that nasty "Data Connection Refused" message anywhere, right?), try these two things.

First, go to ( Settings/Tools --> ) Options --> Advanced Options --> Host Routing Table. Click the wheel and select Register Now. You'll get a message that a registration message has been sent, and then get an email with the subject Registration and the message "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network.".

If you still have no browser icon, go to your provider's BIS Site (links at the bottom of the page). Register if you haven't already. Then click on Service Books in the left column, and then on the Send Service Books button. You'll get a message that the service books were successfully sent, and then you'll get one email message for each email account being sent to your BlackBerry by BIS that it was set up.

You should now have your Browser icon, as well as a WAP browser icon from your provider.
    JerryD

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You won't have the browser icon until you get the service books pushed to your device.

...and you won't get the service books until you get a Blackberry data plan provisioned.

...and the browser is worthless without a Blackberry data plan (even if you did somehow manage to get the icon).
    Last edited by takeshi; 07-07-2007 at 04:32 AM.

you guys were exactly right. i called up cingular, got a blackberry data plan and the browsers showed up. thanks for your help everyone.

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Make sure you get the media net package taken off too, make sure they aren't trying to make you pay more than you have to.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~