Hi all, I'm hoping to tap into the sea of blackberry knowledge here, after reading ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

nzberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2041DF6D

newbie squashed her berry HELP!

Advertisement

Hi all,
    I'm hoping to tap into the sea of blackberry knowledge here, after reading through the forums and bb sites etc, i thought id have a go at updating my handheld v4.1 (8707v) the updating went smoothly with the desktop manager....so i thought wen my phone restarted it only shows the platform2.0.0.120...bugger, i dunno what i did, i thought i backed it up too, but after 2 searches there are no .ipd files on my laptop. so now i have a berry with a list of applications but nothing works, it always comes up "error starting net_rim_device" etc, I cant do anything with it no calling, emails, txt nothing (sniff sniff) i have tried wiping it and pulling the battery it does nothing ...so please if anyone can help me get it back to working order i would be so greatful
    thanks guys

Cron99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Here is a link for a post in the forums that might help.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=35664

PIN/ID
    2041DF6D
    Thanks so much for the reply! will attempt a resuscitation now, heres hoping

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    You want to look for your OS here though as the post cron99 linked above is from last year and many of the OS linked in the thread have updated.
    Here are the latest OS for each BB model:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=86

PIN/ID
    2041DF6D
    THANKS SO MUCH Cron99 and lavagirl! My berry is back yay! whilst sifting through the info I discovered a crucial point.... the box my berry came in belonged to another phone, mine in fact is a 8700, so the updates i was trying to put on prob caused all the probs, thanks so much though, after following the post berry lives again, it was truly amazing to see it come back to life, GO FORUMS!

Cron99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Glad we could help and that your up and running once again. Thanks for posting the link to the current OS Lavagirl.