Hello All, After getting the dreaded "jvm error 102" after only 2-hours with my first ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Argelius no está en línea Stack level 2

Newbie questions: "No message services configured" & T-Mobiles IM program

Advertisement

Hello All,

After getting the dreaded "jvm error 102" after only 2-hours with my first Blackberry, I seem to be up and running now.

Post-crash and reinstallation of the software, I have two issues that I can't seem to figure out:

[1] I can receive messages okay. (Evidently all the email info I set up prior to phone crash is saved on BB server). However, if I attempt to send a message I get the message "No message services configured. You will only be able to Save Draft." Can't figure out where/what I do to configure this...

[2] Again, prior to crash, an icon appeared on my home screen to download the all-in-one instant messaging program. That's not there anymore and I don't know where to go to find it. The one I did find at T-mobile.com had a warning that it would only work with 7290 BBs.

[3] And one final (yeah, right...) question: is there any way to reorder, or more importantly, delete icons/programs that appear on the home screen?

Thanks a ton, all....don't know what I would have done without Pinstack helping me through these trying times!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Newbie questions: "No message services configured" & T-Mobiles IM program

Have you registered the phone on Tmo and resent your service books? You can send the service books for the internet mail set up online. I know on the 7100 and 8700 you can register it by going to Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table and selecting register now from the menu.

On the 7100 and 8700 you can hide most icons and move them all by selecting the icon you want to move or hide and hold alt while pressing the scroll wheel. It should pull up a menu and you should see Move Application (to move it around), Hide Application (to hide it - not all can be hidden) and Show All - to see the hidden ones. To Move just select Move and then you use the scroll button to move the icon around.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    Seeing I'm driving, I only can answer # 3. Goto options, then advanced options, then applications. Highlight the program you want to delete, click the trackwheel, and select delete. It won't delete the program until you restart you phone. I will try to help on the others later if nobody else helps first. Good luck!

Oh man I love you guys....
    for [1] I went to T-Mobile and got the service books resent (that's a totally new term to me....), so I think all is well now!
    [2] -- still working on it
    [3] Will check that out.
    Thanks a ton. I just know i'll be up and running shortly. Sometimes I wish I was a normal person and just used by gadgets straight out of the box. Just can't sleep until I get everything customized and tweaked just the way I like!

That is why you are here. We are all like that. I think I was up until 2 or 3 last night still playing with mine And I haven't even gotten to the themes I want on it yet
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

FYI, I found the Instant Messaging download link -- it's on the "homepage" of the Browser on the BB.

Yea, I had to hunt that down the other night
    My Blog , My Flickr

dwella no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2038FB36

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    And I haven't even gotten to the themes I want on it yet
    If you haven't tried the Zen theme yet TRY it. I hated it at first and changed it but went back an tried again and now I really like it. Really nice look for the BB....

d

I will have to do that. I have been busy with everything else today I have to get some themes. I think I like the one it came with, so I have not been in a rush to change it.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Hi all, still getting used to my new toy. So far everything is going quite well.

A couple of observations I need verified:
    1. I am assuming there are no 3rd party apps for predictive text entry. REALLY miss thing from my Treo. Had a program that would offer word suggestions after typing just a few letters...was a huge time-saver.
    2. It looks like the Blackberry email app doesn't do HTML...like bold, italics, in-line graphics. Find this surprising since Blackberry is heralded as the supreme mobile email reader.
    3. The only way to know if you have new messages is to look for the little icons at the top of the screen. No way yo have a pop-up or other more obvious notification in case yoi miss the alert tone?

Thanks...just getting used to the Treo- Blackberry differences...
    Last edited by Argelius; 04-24-2006 at 08:04 AM.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

1) Not to my knowledge. I do miss that part of Suretype, after going from 7100 series to 8700.
    2) Note sure, but I am confident you're right.
    3) There are some 3rd party apps on Handango that can help you with this. I can't remember the name, but you can filter mail, create rules as to how mail is delivered to your BB, set pop ups upon email arrival. Pretty neat app, but this phone is in my hands all day long so there isn't much I miss, so it would just be for fun for me.

Hope this helps!

You can also set the led to blink too when mail is received.
    I am also attached to my bb all the time so its not a problem for me.